Why wear seatbelts?

Currently reading:
Why wear seatbelts?

a few years ago we were shown a whole load of horror videos in 6th form, by the local fire brigade, and an accident victim came in to talk to us.

it put a scare in all of us... all that "a car is a deadly weapon" etc.... it makes you slow down and think.

but as for seatbelts, i "dont get" why people dont wear them, without a seatbelt, i feel like a tortoise without its shell :confused:

i went to a road safety day a week or 2 before i had my accident, and they showed us all graphic videos, and had people that had been there in major car accidents who had survived.

there were also graphic pictures of people who hadnt survived, and it was not a plesent sight :yuck:

if it wasnt for a seatbelt, i'd probably have ended up skewerd across the astra we hit.

i just dont feel right not wearing a seatbelt now, once your used to having them on, it feels better imo :)

and i work in a car bodyshop so we see some right wrecks turn up there

Yeah i advise it!

After rolling my Uno Turbo when it left the road at 60mph............Clunk Click every trip!

Crossed between being on the walser-spinny fair ground ride and washing machine!

DSCN4530.JPG

That keeps me stapped in

Arse...i find it difficult to reverse when properly strapped in, i always end up loosening the right shoulder stap

I always wear a seatbelt, the few times I've been out to move the car without putting the belt on feels weird. I've got a m8 who never wears a seatbelt and hes crashed a lot, and is somehow alive despite flying out of his car on 2 seperate occasions yet still doesn't wear one =/

I would be dead twice over if it wasn't for seatbelts.

A friend of mines father is in accident investigation with the police, he once showed me a video that he tours staffordhire showing to young drivers, some of the footage was of a friend who died in a car accident locally, his parents gave permission for the footage to be shown. I would have recognised him better had it not been for the fact that different parts of his body weren't even in shot of the camera. Pretty tough viewing when it's somebody you know.

seatbelts hold you in the seat so you can go round corners faster! (y) seriously i don't ever go anywhere without wearing a seatbelt. i even wear the lap belt in the back of my friends landrover. not just because it's the law but it's bad enough trying to stay on the bench seat with normal driving.

the only time i rarely wear a seatbelt is on a coach when i'm going away on trips to europe. 24 hours on a coach is bad enough without a seatbelt reducing your bladder capacity. :eek:

You are exempt from wearing a belt if you are making deliveries where you are travelling less than 50 metres (e.g. milkmen and postmen), have a medical exemption certificate issued by your G.P., although I can't think of a medical condition worse than death; or are reversing your vehicle when you MAY remove it. I think Hackney carriage drivers are also exempt when plying for trade because they may have to jump out to assist a passenger getting in the cab. Yeah, like that's going to happen.
I don't think there's much to be said that hasn't already been said here. Except, don't crash in the first place, but then that's another thread entirely.

Back