General why i shouldnt be allowed...

Currently reading:
General why i shouldnt be allowed...

2 mins shes been back on the road.... and shes broken again!! :cry::cry: :mad::mad:

driving to the shop... summit didnt feel right, ignored it cos i thought its just down to the fact ive new shocks and i havent driven it in a week.

driving back from the shop... and BANG! BANG! "b*llocks" i think "my wheel has come off!!"

pull over (punto_matt was in the car too)

and thankfully my wheel was still on... but my caliper had dropped and was scraping on the inside of my wheel!!

one caliper holdey on bolt had worked loose, and the other had snapped and is still inside the caliper :cry:

its not something ive touched at ALL when doing the suspension so i can only put it down to "one of those things"

:(

Nothing to do with me to be honest, you'd just painted your calipers last night when i turned up, so you must of,

i didnt touch any calipers,all i did was fit one strut, after kay and one of her mates removed it..,

what side was it??? drivers??? possiblity when it dropped off the trolley jack and it clouted the floor it had stressed one of the bolts,,HAVE A LOOK AT THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD>>

Next time get someone else to do it, i aint driving 60 miles round trip and trying to be a bit helpful,,, just to get slated on a forum,

the last time i had a look at the calipers was when your mate nath tightened up the captive nuts... so once again f**k all to do with me...

end of,

Last edited:
Nothing to do with me to be honest, you'd just painted your calipers last night when i turned up, so you must of,

i didnt touch any calipers,all i did was fit one strut, after kay and one of her mates removed it..,

what side was it??? drivers??? possiblity when it dropped off the trolley jack and it clouted the floor it had stressed one of the bolts,,HAVE A LOOK AT THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD>>

Next time get someone else to do it, i aint driving 60 miles round trip and trying to be a bit helpful,,, just to get slated on a forum,

the last time i had a look at the calipers was when your mate nath tightened up the captive nuts... so once again f**k all to do with me...

end of,

You have misunderstood mate :)

Kay isnt saying that you touched it when you changed the strut nor is she blaming you. She is just saying that the last time the bolts would of been off is when the had her caliper was off for new pads or what ever at the same time as it had its engine change :)

Yes it was drivers that went so as you say it could of been down to that and glad you pointed that out because we didnt think about that at the time.......

yeah it was the drivers side... but pictures arent always an accurate representation of the truth... i was there and the disc or caliper never touched the floor.

one of the bolts worked loose and drop out (was first cos had to walk further down the road to collect it) and the other one snapped off, i assume cos it was carrying all the pressure on its own :confused:

i wasnt saying it was your fault Ben, i was just saying you were the last person to touch the things.. i painted the calipers while they were still on (hence my nice blue discs :eek:) so i didnt take em off or owt... tbh.. i wouldnt know how to take em off!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Sorry i didnt mean to bite, just that it gets pointed in my direction that i had something to do with it, i am clearly just trying to help, and i do know what im doing,,,

sorry no offence but i feel less inclined to help next time, :(

hope you get it sorted...

thought you take the calipers off to change pads... they the bolts that take em off :confused: seeing as caliper was swinging about after they snapped :cry:

got new bolts now, they aint new, but im getting some nice shiney 8.8 grade ones off my friend that can get me any bolt i want for nout :D im considering making a list and replacing all bolts on the car for shiney new ones!!

p.s... Ben... Siena says Hi :p

030720081185.jpg

thought you take the calipers off to change pads... they the bolts that take em off :confused: seeing as caliper was swinging about after they snapped :cry:

no they are the caliper carrier, you no remove that to do pads, you see the rubber bits on the back? there bolts in them that remove the caliper from carrier, its them you take out to do pads.

dont forget the thread lock for the new 17mm bolts, its a little tube off stuff, you put a little drop on the thread

Last edited:
yeah i got some of that stuff i think.

oh and btw.. when we thought ryan got the wrong bolts in the first place, we was wrong... the thread was screwed.. so had to re-tap them before we could get the new bolts into the strut tops. dont think i mentioned that before. but its all sorted now

got new bolts now, they aint new, but im getting some nice shiney 8.8 grade ones off my friend that can get me any bolt i want for nout :D im considering making a list and replacing all bolts on the car for shiney new ones!!

p.s... Ben... Siena says Hi :p

030720081185.jpg

PUDDY CAT FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, :p, sorry for being a mardy arse, got flu atm so feeling sorry for myself too haha!!

Last edited:
PUDDY CAT FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, :p, sorry for being a mardy arse, got flu atm so feeling sorry for myself too haha!!

Get well soon ben

FWIW I gave up helping people a long time ago for the same sort of problems as you

(not having a pop at anyone here as its not my place)

I do a fair bit of mountain biking and was forever getting "mates" wanting their bikes fixing then being blamed for something not working 3 months later after they hit a rock for example Eg "ever since you set my gears up the braked havent worked right" "that wheel you trued is bent again" sort of response..

the final straw came with one former mate who bought one of those "easy" fit 1 wire car alarms :rolleyes:

Found a decent place to mount the siren (its bracket was ground and one live wire to the battery)

about a week later his car broke down on the M18 with Engine management /electrical problems and he came at me foaming at the mouth calling me every name under the sun and how the RAC man had said there was a wire hanging off the alarm (which if the half wit had being watching what i was doing as i tried my best to simplify how it was fitted would have realized that it was the antenna for the keyfob at which point to put it mildly i Lost it completely

do jobs for immediate family but anyone else i'm happy to advise but they hold the tools

Last edited:
Back