Technical Intermediate driveshaft bearing 2.0 20V

Currently reading:
Technical Intermediate driveshaft bearing 2.0 20V

thegala

Hi,
I have a with my Bravo HGT 2.0 20V. It's shaking from 0km/h. I determined the reason is worn out intermediate shaft bearing.
Now according to Fiat Service Manual it is impossible to remove bearing. Maybe it's not but i doubt it.
1706006918334.jpeg

Has anyone removed this bearing? Is it possible?
And also what are dimensions?

Thx

Hi,
I have a with my Bravo HGT 2.0 20V. It's shaking from 0km/h. I determined the reason is worn out intermediate shaft bearing.
Now according to Fiat Service Manual it is impossible to remove bearing. Maybe it's not but i doubt it.
View attachment 437006
Has anyone removed this bearing? Is it possible?
And also what are dimensions?

Thx
It is replaceable... With the correct tools. It's pressed on. All fiat is saying is they don't supply the bearing separately. Its the same on modern fiats too. You can either send it to a remanufacturer or try and do it yourself. Measure the outer and inner dimensions with a vernier guage. It will be a standard size bearing. Then drift it off with a hammer and drift or blunt chisel. Might need some heat to expand it or at a push you can very carefully cut it off with an angle grinder. As long as you have the measurements damaging it getting it off isn't an issue. You'll need a pipe that is a slightly larger internal diameter than the shaft and long enough to install the new bearing without damage.

Back