General Why do they do this??.

Currently reading:
General Why do they do this??.

Highlander

My wife came in today, and told me she had a rattle coming from the back of the Qubo. So of I went to have a look, and found the prob within minutes.

The rear number plate was loose, so I undid the two locating screws, only to find that there were 4 locating points for the numbber plate underneath the plate, but the garage had drilled another two holes in the tailgate and used self tappers. Why do they do this? if the namufacturer su;;lies fitting points then why dont they use them.

At the present moment in time i'm considering contacting dealer, and asking them to supply a new tail gate.

One unhappy bunny

Ian

Regular practice by certain dealers - check out all the threads of the same type in Panda and other sections of the forum.

I am sure someone managed to get a new tailgate though.

If they won't budge, make sure it doesn't affect the bodywork warranty. You can also put some sealant around the screws.

Last edited:
Its the same on my Nemo, I questioned it and they said thats the was Citroen fit the number plates on all models, Even though my Nemo has the same tailgate as the Qubo with the 4 locating holes.

Back