General What does this button?

Currently reading:
General What does this button?

IMG_20220407_225652~2.jpg

Single press does nothings. Keep pressing for a few seconds return message to dashboard "reset memory". Any clue?

This is from a 2016 fiat qubo diesel

There will be a pressure sensor transmitter inside each of the 4 tyres. When one of the sensors senses a low tyre pressure it will trigger the low pressure warning light on the dashboard. To set the system, you need to pump up all 4 tyres to the correct pressure, then press the set button for a few seconds. The process will be explained in the owner's handbook.

There will be a pressure sensor transmitter inside each of the 4 tyres. When one of the sensors senses a low tyre pressure it will trigger the low pressure warning light on the dashboard. To set the system, you need to pump up all 4 tyres to the correct pressure, then press the set button for a few seconds. The process will be explained in the owner's handbook.
Thanks for your answer.
In the manual book this button shown as blank so no information about it.
I've seen similar system but the pressure transmitter was like tyre valve cover. So for this car the transmitter is "inside" each tyre?
I will check right away. I will reduce the pressure to see if any warning appear.

I found this procedure online for the Qubo:

1. Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off
2. Adjust the tire inflation pressure recommended on the tire placard located on the middle pillar, driver’s side.
3. Turn the engine switch to the “ON” position
4. Press the SET button located on the left of the steering wheel to access the menu
5. Scroll down to select RESET TYRE menu
6. Press the SET button to enter the menu
7. Press the Up or Down button to highlight the “YES” option
8. Press the SET button again
9. When “Confirm” appear on the display, highlight “YES” option and press SET button to confirm

I cannot find any option about "tyre reset".
Also I reduce the pressure of one tyre (almost flat) but no warning message. It should be a handy option because the car has no spare tyre or repair tools. I will ask also to dealer. Thanks by the way. Any other advices will be help full.

You've normally got to drive with the low pressure tyre for it to come up.
It does work, it was set properly at normal inflation, then you do get a warning when a tyre loses pressure.

You've normally got to drive with the low pressure tyre for it to come up.
It does work, it was set properly at normal inflation, then you do get a warning when a tyre loses pressure.
The only control option I have is to press the button for a few seconds and appear the message "memory reset". I already reduce the pressure in one tyre almost flat and no message comes. Also make a short drive but still warning.
Right now I have a can bus problem ( odometer flashing). Possible this problem prevent this "low tyre pressure" function?

Many new tyre pressure warning systems use the abs sensors to work out if a tyre is low. A flat tyre will technically rotate faster than a non flat tyre. So you can need to cover quite some distance and the car may need to observe the change before you get the warning, and they are not designed for you to let the tyre down then drive it about a bit to test it.

Rest assured they do work in the real world and as long as you have no warning lights you don’t need to worry about the button just leave it alone

Many new tyre pressure warning systems use the abs sensors to work out if a tyre is low. A flat tyre will technically rotate faster than a non flat tyre. So you can need to cover quite some distance and the car may need to observe the change before you get the warning, and they are not designed for you to let the tyre down then drive it about a bit to test it.

Rest assured they do work in the real world and as long as you have no warning lights you don’t need to worry about the button just leave it alone
So it seems that I have to test it a little more.
I just bought this car and I want be sure what working and what no working.

Any way. Thank you Very much all you people.

So it seems that I have to test it a little more.
I just bought this car and I want be sure what working and what no working.

Any way. Thank you Very much all you people.
Your insistence on testing it could very well result in wrecking your tyres at best or causing an accident at worst!

Do not deliberately drive around with a tyre deflated just to see if a light comes on!

Even if it didn’t work you’d still be no worse off than having any other car made in the last 100 years of motoring that doesn’t have a tyre pressure sensing system

I am just trying Io see if these function work's.
Yesterday I make a normal small trip (100 km) with normal tyre pressure and low "tyre pressure" indication appear. I stop the car and check around but nothing strange found.

Maybe from previous test? Anyway i make a reset and the indication disappear.

Back