General Which used Panda to buy for first car?

Currently reading:
General Which used Panda to buy for first car?

Also it stops divorces. Every car we had before the HP my wife and I would fight over the heater settings in the car, especially in the morning.

Now it's constantly at 22 and no more fights.

Haha! I go with the old 'my car my rules' outlook which applies to heating, windows, music, sport button. Even before I bought it as my missus hates Pandas and she hated my HP for the first few weeks, loves it now though obviously!!

Haha! I go with the old 'my car my rules' outlook which applies to heating, windows, music, sport button. Even before I bought it as my missus hates Pandas and she hated my HP for the first few weeks, loves it now though obviously!!
This is definitely the correct approach haha! Music, volume, windows, climate etc are all my choice. If people want to choose, they're more than welcome to go and buy a car and have things in it set to whatever they desire.

It's funny how many people suddenly find the 100HP's ride totally acceptable at the thought of walking wherever we're going haha :p!

YOU DO NOT HAVE CLIMATE CONTROL.... :rolleyes: (y)(y)

YOU DO NOT REMOVE HUMIDITY ANY BETTER THAN A HEATER.

PERIOD.:D

Shouting isn't going to make a wrong position right.

I feel sorry for you, not so much because you've got it wrong, but because you appear to have stopped listening. That effectively closes your mind to learning.

But I'll give you another hint; one last chance to search the internet and learn.

Condensation occurs when the Temperature & Dewpoint coincide. The greater the difference between the two, the less likely you are to get condensation. You can reduce condensation by either increasing the temperature, or lowering the dewpoint. The heater will increase the temperature; the A/C evaporator lowers the dewpoint (it also lowers the temperature, but the heater is far more powerful & restores the temperature without increasing the dewpoint). Using both together is more effective than using either in isolation.

With the weather here in England today, I could demonstrate the effectiveness of using the A/C to assist in demisting in about two seconds flat.

Last edited:
I have to admit that the technical bits of the current AC discussion is going over my head but apart form what I said about the HP, my other car is a 1991 Mazda MX5 and the front windscreen definatly cleared quicker with the AC on than with just the heater on.

Well it did until one day I was driving along and the AC condenser fell off the engine due to rusty bolts :D

Well it is an old car after all.

:D

This is where the "StripeyMiata" name comes from, had her 17 years. Great car except bit prone to rust. And they say FIAT's rust..... :rolleyes:

11798924005_44c15cb481_o.jpg

my other car is a 1991 Mazda MX5 and the front windscreen definatly cleared quicker with the AC on than with just the heater on.

Must have been all that humidity you were blowing on to it :p

Shouting isn't going to make a wrong position right.

It would seem they think that doing so and going on and on and on and on and on and on and on like a worn out record will. Same person is doing the same in another thread. Its starting to turn to
Spam-Can.jpg

This is definitely the correct approach haha! Music, volume, windows, climate etc are all my choice. If people want to choose, they're more than welcome to go and buy a car and have things in it set to whatever they desire.

It's funny how many people suddenly find the 100HP's ride totally acceptable at the thought of walking wherever we're going haha :p!

Haha exactly mate!!

I have the 1.1 and there is simply less to go wrong, it is great fun to drive and it has no expensive aircon or annoying boot switches to go wrong but it still has a CD player, electric windows and central locking. If you do go for the 1.1 try and get one with a 12v output as many don't.

In the used market condition and service history is a lot more important than spec.

I should also add that the demister and heating in the Panda is simply brilliant, by far the best I've had in any car.

Last edited:
My aren't we all getting hung up on the aircon lol!

I'll agree one thing with our friend from Portugal. That is that it's not really an absolute necessity. I never have any bother with steamy windows. I simply leave the air at fresh air as opposed to recirculate, and the fan at 1. If you leave the side vents open pointing at the side windows, there's enough air to keep them clear too!

And you don't have the hassle of having to re-gas it!

And if it's hot, I open the sky dome! Simple! :ROFLMAO:

Silly woman couldn't even drive it sitting in the back!

Maybe she didn't instruct her chauffeur on how to stop the windows steaming up?

You know, I never really get involved in technical discussions, I simply am not a mechanic.

But the "discussion" about aircon dehumidifying windows piqued my curiousity. I have aircon (not climate control) and I have always marvelled at the speed at which the steamed up windscreen 1st thing in the morning, clears when I use the heater plus aircon.

So, I did a little research and it seems as though an aircon, coupled with heting, DOES dehumidify. The best page I found was here:

http://www.motoringassist.com/motor...ice/your-guide-to-servicing-air-conditioning/

So, it seems as though it does work and I for one, am glad I`ve got it.

It also works brilliantly to keep the car cool when driving through France :)

Even without heating air con demists. Basically the moisture in the air condenses on the evaporator and the air that passes is consequently drier.

It's why your pint glass gets condensation on the outside of it on a nice summer evening down at the pub.

Back