General Which model is my car?

Currently reading:
General Which model is my car?

maniacbravo

So guys I've owned the car for about two months now and I still have no clue what model my bravo is, I know its a 1910CC bravo registered in 1999 but thats about all the information I have, no rear badges, no car manual, nothing on the log book and nothing on the insurance papers.

If any of you can shed some light it would be greatly appreciated :) It also has no sunfroof, and the A/C was installed by one of the previous owners so I'm guessing no A/C from factory. I know it has a turbo installed but the engine looks stock, it has Fiat Soft TD written on it whatever that might mean.

Fiat4_zps18bbcc06.jpg

Fiat6_zpse784b012.jpg

WP_000183_zpsa0aed39c.jpg

regard,
maniacbravo

Hi, :)

nice Bravo:cool:

looks like the last of the TD engines (before JTD)

by the SOFT comment it may be the "75" rather than the "100",

being a non-UK model.. it's difficult to say..:confused:

there should've been a plastic engine cowling (around oil filler), I can see it's original mount points

Charlie - ex marea JTD owner

Last edited:
There is a plastic cowling, I had removed it in this picture when the injector blank split and was fixing it, it has the same exact thing written on it, "Fiat Soft TD", so I might have the 75 HP model. Well, I ain't going to drag race so I don't really care :p

The model information on that site only applies to UK cars.

You got colored sidemirror covers, and youre saying its 99 (mk2), which sould have JTD, but my guess it is built 98 (mk1) but the bodycolor mirros and rear spoiler indicate is not the bottom spec. ELX or HLX with Malta tailored package is my guess.

generic grumpy old man post about how young drivers ruin their cars by uninformedly adding hardware which kills performance and makes the care look rubbish.

i'll get my coat.......

EDIT: it's a TD75, no doubt, thats a bosch pump, a lucas FT09 looks like this http://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/650620426.htm i know, as that my old one i just replaced :D

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing this up guys, I'm pretty sure the insurance guy said something about a 100 JTD when I insured the car....

On a side note, I might change some parts to make it a TD100 if I come across the required parts, which iirc are the intercooler and fuel pump mainly and some other minor bits and bobs

Back