Technical Wheel lock

Currently reading:
Technical Wheel lock

wamdue

ok sorry for the confusion with this thread.

My break pads are worn, and as such I need to take the wheel off, however naturally I appear to have misplaced the locking wheel nut "key" (inot the technical term), obviously ive looked all over the car, and garage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261020294635

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fiat-gran...Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item4164fa271c

I take it the eBay link, is what im looking for?

I can picture the black box, its just not where im picturing it.

Putno Mk 2, 05 model.

Thanks

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I don't have locking nuts on my wheels, but for the link that you provide I see that they have a key code?..so they might no fit yours..
anyway, watch this clip if you're in a pinch:

regards,
dan

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
an 05 reg should have spinning outer type lockers so bashing a socket on wont work.
good main dealers will have a master set of keys, ask a friendly tech to pop out to car and see what one fits, get the number off it and go to parts to order new key,

your key maybe in spare wheel well some where

Last edited:
No sure about what type you have my late model mk2b hgt has the usual locking nut which don't have anything that spins? you probably could take them off with a hammer and socket? anyway the pros use a set of these Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover Expansion Set: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools which bite into and remove any sort of nut including locking sets. also never known a dealer to have a master key they usually use the above type of set then charge you for new locking nuts?

Last edited:
an 05 reg should have spinning outer type lockers so bashing a socket on wont work.
good main dealers will have a master set of keys, ask a friendly tech to pop out to car and see what one fits, get the number off it and go to parts to order new key,

your key maybe in spare wheel well some where
mentally I can picture the box, being in my garage, but hell if I can find it, and obviously ive looked in the car.

Security wheel nuts may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but they seem to have underestimated the general public, ability to loose things.I am that annoyed with myself.

I dont know my local Fiat Dealer, apparently its Stoneacre at Peterborough, so I would need to contact them.

Am I to assume the two eBays I linked to, wont work?

Buying new locking nuts is one thing, if I dont have the "key" element.

Punto.jpg
Wheel nuts under the fiat badge, beyond that I could not say.

though you might need to replace the nuts once removed, the important problem at the moment is actually getting them off.

you can try the fiat dealer they will charge you dealer prices and you might still need to buy a whole new set of locking nuts, find a local garage with the kit i linked to above and you can probably get them taken off for a few quids if done cash in hand.

alternatively if you want to take that risk buy a set of removers your self and a new set of nuts from one of your ebay links and spend the fortune you'll save over dealer prices on a few drinks down the pub?

or i'll do you a straight swap for my steel wheels and you'll never need to worry about locking nuts again :) (not that i want those wheels or anything)

Im not grasping what your trying to achieve?

If your asking if them sets will fit, yes they will,

BUT if you have lost your locking wheel nut key all alloy wheel nut keys are individual one key fits one set, so not any fiat key will undo a fiat, if that's what your asking?

Hopefully in your service booklet there will be a key number, you take that into the dealership and they will order you another key up.

If you have lost you locking nut key and code they will have to be destroyed to remove them, and some times they can be really really hard to remove,
My fiends Sierra took a steel drift welded to a steel bar and a 10lb hammer at full swing to loosen them.

AndyRKett What is it with everyone here, and my wheels, god everytime I post it, you all go gaga over the wheels.

certainly seems like ringing around is the order of the day tomorrow.

dave Having looked in my spear wheel set, and I simply dont have anything that fits. the little tray in the floor on the drivers side is empty, I always wondered what that was for, I suspect that now I klnow.

GrandeGuy Looking in my Cars Vehicle, Service and Warranty Books, I cant see anything, now even the Chassis code has been filled in. Has got service stamps, but that was the previous owner.

I remember getting a box (ive linked to), but nothing with any sort of key.

Last edited:
AndyRKett What is it with everyone here, and my wheels, god everytime I post it, you all go gaga over the wheels.

to be fair its probably me on every post.

I really need (actually need not just want) a set of those wheels !!!

and a set of front fogs.

did consider buying an 1.9JTD Eleganza but next car plans to be much newer and probably not a fiat

if I ever strip the car, I will think of you.

However in an unlikely turn of events, the wheel nut "key" has been found, just in the general mess that is my garage, ive tested it, so I know it fits.

So sorry to have wasted anybodys time, however hopefully the thread is here, for future visitors.

Back