Technical Wheel allignment - camber

Currently reading:
Technical Wheel allignment - camber

TSAF

Hi all...
Has anybody try different camber settings other than standards..?
My suspention is stock, tyres are 205/50/15 and I have excessive wear on the outside, on all fours. (tyre pressure is 34 front, 29 back)
As it is, i can't make any changes.
I am thinking of trying camber bolts on the front to put some more negative camber. how much should i put?
camber bolts
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=629481
I don't know what to do with the rear suspention to give more camber. any ideas?
I am pretty sure that in the italian barchetta cup have find the solution.
Anybody speaking italian..?:)

I asked the same question on my thread and had zero responses. I have already bought the camber bolts though. My approach (when I get around to it) will be to use the bolts to set my camber to neutral. (I won't be doing the work myself I will be using ETS in Nottingham to do the alignment and camber). If you put a dab of negative on it might help you get your tyre wear even again I suppose. Be interested to hear how you get on.

I know it's not the solution you're looking for, however you could simply relocate the tyres around the car. Obviously, if the tyres are rotational or have a discreet outer edge, you will have to bear this in mind. Although this may mean having to turn the tyres on the rims, you will get extended tyre life. Another possibility may be the tracking at the front and, on some cars, the ride height at the rear. You probably have already considered this.

Steve

Last edited:
I asked the same question on my thread and had zero responses. I have already bought the camber bolts though. My approach (when I get around to it) will be to use the bolts to set my camber to neutral. (I won't be doing the work myself I will be using ETS in Nottingham to do the alignment and camber). If you put a dab of negative on it might help you get your tyre wear even again I suppose. Be interested to hear how you get on.

I have it already in -1something on the front , I want to add more negative.
why would you want to put it to neutral?
next week i ll change the bushes of the front antiroll bar together with the camber bolts, i hope this will resolve the problem on the front.
I am wearing rain tyres, they are not the most rigid ones. I 'll also try to put a little more pressure to them.

If you add more negative then your uneven tyre wear should get better.
It makes me ask 2 questions: first is; if you have negative camber already how can the outside of your front tyres be getting more wear? second; is how come you have -1 already without cam bolts? Thats not the standard camber is it?

Last edited:
TSAF, have you had the tracking checked? Are you sure it's not just got too much toe-in?

No it's not toe-in, that's for sure..
I am for the moment trying different tyre pressure..
currently 35 front - 33 back(with hot tyres), the car become much more direct, especially the back. needs further testing.

Back