whats peoples desks look like?

Currently reading:
whats peoples desks look like?

Yes Stu..................................

they keep us in check, eh ???

What spec is that machine of yours ???

I got P4 3.2 GHZ, 2GB PC2100 RAM and only a poxy 40GB hard drive, DVD/RW/ROM Combo, 256 5200 Graphics and a wireless card in it to connect to my wireless modem/router! I've also fitted two silent fans to assist with cooling, all in all it flies now!

Here goes.....

My Spec - can't fully recall, even though I built it, but here goes -

P4 2.8Ghz [512k cache, 800FSB], 1GB RAM [PC3200 - 2*512], Aopen mobo AX4C-Max II, 2*120Gb Western Digital SATA-150 drives, running on a RAID 0 strip setup, Plextor 708A DVD-RW, Sony DVD-combo, Radeon 9600XT 256Meg Graphics Card, Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse with hub/charger, 6 case fans with speed controller/temp, 480W Thermaltake PSU with fan speed controller PLUS an iiyama 20.1" TFT , all running on XP Pro :D

I miss that machine when I sitting at work on some crappy Advent laptop that runs 98 SE and a AMD-k6 chip :(

EDIT - I made a few changes to the above with hindsight ;)

jamie86 said:
A few £££'s worth there then!
Yeah, I went a bit OTT with the monitor, but it is awesome! It has a great response time, PLUS PC runs ALL games, flight sims, on full-res with very minimal slow down......

20.1" - yeah, 1600*1200 native resolution, lol. My graphics card has dual output [one DVI, the other d-sub], so tempted to buy another cheap 15" TFT and run a dual-screen setup - be useful for all those MSN chats ;)

Don't talk to me about cars, lol - since meet on Sunday, now looking to get mine lowered!

Is it a question of just springs, or go for dampers as well, OR go for coil overs - aargh........and should I upgrade from 16s to 17s as well.

And christmas is so close - the kids won't even know what to do with a torsion bar ;)

oops, even though we're a bit off topic, go for a springs and shox kit if you can. Wheels are your choice, but I'd avoid over-gearing it with bigger rims - tends to hurt acceleration, unless you can get tiny profile tyres to redress the balance.

Cheers Pete - nothing wrong with OT, lol.

My choice of wheels would be the 17s, with 215/45 tyres on. BUT cashflow may dictate I stick with my 16s.

I am now looking at Eibach springs and shocks, although waiting for a fitting price. I was looking at some coil overs, but Eibach don't do them for the FIAT :(

And back onto topic - my pc is just fine ;)

Anyway, back on topic, here's my computer room. I'm slowly turning it into a shrine for Italian cars... :)

My%20Room%20a.jpg

My%20Room%20%20b.jpg

Re: Err.........................................

twincamms said:
nice colour on the walls mate!

Looks like a 17 year old chavs bedroom!

Class Steve, you've got it in bucket loads!

Ah go on you, that's not the bedroom, that's the spare room I use as a computer room. The walls are that colour as it used to be my sons room and I can't be arsed redecorating it! You can't talk anyway, I've seen more character in a Volvo driver than there is in your room! :)

Re: Class

Again Christ that some amount of RAM there TC, 2GB fecking hell!

I like Steve's Comp room, cool cars on little shelves.

Spec wise here I am:

CASE: ANTEC Slk3700bqe Solution Series - Atx Pc Case With 350w Psu

MOTHERBOARD: AOpen ATX AK77-600GN SktA FSB400/DDR400/S-ATA S & LAN 8xAGP Via KT600

PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 1.833GHz (333FSB) Barton Core Socket A OEM

RAM: Samsung 512 Pc2700 DDR333 184pinn Original Module x2

COOLING: Thermaltake A1124 Volcano 7 Cooler for Pentium III, Celeron & AMD XP up to 2800+

HARD DISK: 120GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9, 3.5" IDE 7200rpm ATA133 Hard Drive (6Y120L0)

OPTICAL DRIVE: NEC 2500A 8x DVD-/+R/RW (Support Dual Layer Writing but no discs available)

GRAPHICS: MEDIAMAX 256MB DDR ATI Radeon 9600 PRO TV-Out DVI-I Retail Box

MONITOR: AOC FT700 17" Pure Flat CRT Beige, 0.25mmPP, 1280x1024 max res

FLASH MEMORY: Integral 128MB USB Key

FLOPPY: ALPS 3.5" Floppy Drive

PERIPHERALS: BTC 8190URF Wireless Optical Desktop Keyboard & Mouse – Black

SPEAKERS: Logitech X-220 2.1

Stu - watch the alloy choice as lower profile rubber will reduce your ride quality and your daily commute is pretty long if IIRC.

Cheers

Liam

Back