What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

Found this parked next to my Red Panda.. made the panda look like an SUV
20230601_104233.jpg

Today's walk took me down to the harbour hoping to see the visitors getting on and off the tenders from the cruise ships. No cruise ships today though so I walked on towards Ocean Terminal to see what was going on with the trams which are working full time today for the first time since the extension from York place to Newhaven was completed.

A large and very loud drum band were thrashing out the beats at the tram terminal - turned my hearing aids off to avoid damage. Lots of tram personnel there for the opening too. The trams were very busy, standing room only, I suppose everyone was just taking an outing to see where they went? Anyway, at Ocean Terminal, lots of people getting off and going into the Mall but I had to smile because they were coming back out again almost immediately due to the number of outlets which have closed during the construction of the tram extension. Maybe because the disruption has made access difficult at times so people gave up trying? It's a bit like something post apocalypse, keep expecting to be assaulted by a vampire! I believe there is now to be a major make over so it'll be interesting to watch what happens.

Son loves "I like to move it" from Madagascar, tried to put it on via voice command.

Because I have broad/no taste in music it decided I must want the hardstyle version (I'll not pretend I'm a stranger to hardstyle or Dubstep).

Of course he loved it...and now we have a new request "Can I have I like to move it, the big one".

Saw an ad on the telly several times last night, for Hurtigruten Expeditions. Basically a cruise, to unusual locations. Opening pic is of the ship on a calm sea, amongst lots of ice floes.
'Titanic' was my first thought.
I thought I ws the only REALLY miserable old fart having thought exactly that and then thoughts of massive waves in the southern ocean. My excuse is one of my relatives on the my mothers side Arthur Rostron was the Captain of the Carpathia which was first on scene to rescue people so I always think of Titanic when I see a boat of any size. I always think if you stay at a hotel and you dont like it you can just leave. But a cruise ship.... Poses a few problems that only a Panda can solve

Attachments

• b25lY21zOjFjNjczNTkwLTA3NWEtNDZhNC1iZmY3LTlmODM3NWEzMDZhMzoxOGViZmJjMi1jNTFkLTQ3MzgtYWVlMy03Zj...jpg
    b25lY21zOjFjNjczNTkwLTA3NWEtNDZhNC1iZmY3LTlmODM3NWEzMDZhMzoxOGViZmJjMi1jNTFkLTQ3MzgtYWVlMy03Zj...jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Like airplanes.
At least with a car you can walk home.;)
Oh deers you clearly use the wrong types of planes!

I like the way that the windows look like the head of a hammer. Most easily seen if you expand the pic to full size. It probably would weigh like one, but fun anyay.

Attachments

• 1686649892113.jpeg
    1686649892113.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 17
I am just totting up my Panda photos...

1969 on my comuter and 1606 on Pinterest plus another 250 or so on my phone so I guess when duplicates are removed around 3250. I am now only adding interesting backdrops and scenary or great Panda pics so the collection is slowing down...

Sad really. Nothing else to do......................................................

Until 'er indoors' returns, then I must look busy or jobs will be given!

Our town has a small car park (there's another a short distance away, but no-one likes to walk). Recently, a whole section was taken, to provide 12 charging bays. Demand may one day increase, but the most I've seen using them at once is two vehicles, and one of them wasn't charging.
Mid-morning, the rest of the car park was full. There was one space, partly stolen by a badly parked Panda (2012-on), but room for me to slip in close to it. (Glad I took my Panda, not one of the other larger vehicles)
As I toddled towards the ticket machine, there was a lady looking a bit glum, as there were no more spaces. She was driving an electric car, so I 'helpfully' pointed towards the 12 empty charging bays. She looked even less happy.
The charging bays have signs, stating must be used for charging, not just parking, and normal parking charges apply. But the first 2 hours are free. But if you park in a charging bay, whilst parking is free, there's some expensive retail electricity to pay for, whether you need it or not. Shame!

Our town has a small car park (there's another a short distance away, but no-one likes to walk). Recently, a whole section was taken, to provide 12 charging bays. Demand may one day increase, but the most I've seen using them at once is two vehicles, and one of them wasn't charging.
Mid-morning, the rest of the car park was full. There was one space, partly stolen by a badly parked Panda (2012-on), but room for me to slip in close to it. (Glad I took my Panda, not one of the other larger vehicles)
As I toddled towards the ticket machine, there was a lady looking a bit glum, as there were no more spaces. She was driving an electric car, so I 'helpfully' pointed towards the 12 empty charging bays. She looked even less happy.
The charging bays have signs, stating must be used for charging, not just parking, and normal parking charges apply. But the first 2 hours are free. But if you park in a charging bay, whilst parking is free, there's some expensive retail electricity to pay for, whether you need it or not. Shame!
Does seem like the necessary infrastructure for EV charging is a long way away from the Government aim for 2030.
Watching a Panorama program recently regarding the charging points certainly doesn't address peoples concerns re "range anxiety" and cost.

My daughter bought a flat in renfrew, the direction I'd give would be come off the motorway and go between the Ferrari gartage and Porsche garage, then straight on.
Makes me smile when I think about it.

My daughter bought a flat in renfrew, the direction I'd give would be come off the motorway and go between the Ferrari gartage and Porsche garage, then straight on.
Makes me smile when I think about it.
If it is straight after the Ferrari and Porsche garages I bet their mechanics like road testing ;). Unless the speed cameras are out in force.

If it is straight after the Ferrari and Porsche garages I bet their mechanics like road testing ;). Unless the speed cameras are out in force.
It was alleged that when the V12 jags first came out in the early 70s there was a three figure testing road very near to the Jag dealer (now closed) and I see there are permanent speed cameras along that section these days.

When I worked on Newcastle business park there was an Audi dealer opposite a a BP garage (most expensive petrol anywhere in town). However they were on opposite sides of dual carriageway so about a mile round trip.

The techs would come out of the dealership in a stone cold new customer car, bang it all the way through the box screech round the roundabout at the far end then comeback into the petrol garage at full speed and switch off. Then having put a fiver in for delivery screech back off the other way.

As nice as it was to hear an R8 V10 or RS4/RS3 open it's lungs out..if I'd been a customer buying 100k of new car..I'd be less happy.

There is, but there are also a nice set of large speed bumps on the road to the ferrari garage, cant be a coincidence.

Back