What's made you not grumpy but not smile either today?

Currently reading:
What's made you not grumpy but not smile either today?

There's a new saying these days..."it's subtropical oop north". Went for a run this morning in shorts and T shirt it was 20 degrees..last Saturday we had 2 inches of snow..in the summer my car was damaged by golf ball sized hail..which is unheard of..

Climate change? Nah totally not happening.

Finding some photos of where I live on www.britainfromabove.org.uk find it amazing how little has changed, also explains some things I've found a little odd, for example 68 collingden road, numbers 1-67 are nowwhere to be seen.

Great..(y)

I live in a place that wasn't really there @120 years ago, (Brunel);)

I've got an estate agents map of town from @25 years ago..you couldn't navigate by it today..,
and our friends (X1-9 owners) who live 15 miles away struggle to get around..despite going to school here..,

Didcot , Oxfordshire = London - Bristol main railwayline (GWR)

Great..(y)

I live in a place that wasn't really there @120 years ago, (Brunel);)

I've got an estate agents map of town from @25 years ago..you couldn't navigate by it today..,
and our friends (X1-9 owners) who live 15 miles away struggle to get around..despite going to school here..,

Didcot , Oxfordshire = London - Bristol main railwayline (GWR)

It does depend where you are, up north especially out in the hills didn't get any investment for a long time with the goal of killing off the mining villages after the pits had shut. Newcastle riverside and Scotswood is unrecognizable from 30 year old a to z, but where I live I grew up with a horse gin at the end of my road..in 1990 (ye olde photo attached but it survived into the days of colour!) It's been demolished now to make way for houses naturally.

All that's gone is anything railway or mining related...and all useful services converted into housing. Everything else is as it was other than a few new estates. There's photos all over the net from 20s and 30s that you can easily place now.

Attachments

• gl001238.jpg
    gl001238.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 32
Hi guys,

Thanks for your concerns.

Am being sent to Oxford for the op, but waiting in Swindon for a bed, no idea when, just re-assessed daily. Meanwhile, not allowed home to wait, so just sitting, waiting, bored.

Update;
Nigel has had the Op. and is now recovering in the Oxford Hospital,

"sitting, waiting, bored.":)

The Ds3 (and my OH) survived hitting floodwater at speed last night..it cut out and threw some warning lights but skimmed to the other side and thankfully didn't draw any water in the air intake. She's alright if a bit shocked and I drove the car last night and seems alright now.

Edit no need for an old photo it made the local paper!
JS79709338.jpg

Last edited:
Waiting in for someone (another member from here) to swing by to collect some spares off me.

Supposed to be here at "10ish" - is now 13:30.
No text/PM received to say not coming/will be late.
No reply to text asking if delayed.
No delays shown on AA Roadwatch between here and there to suggest a delay.

Meh.

Head light bulb had blown on our mini today.

Was giving a weird warning of his and low bulb failure on one side.

Turns out it hadn't blown either filament but had blown the thicker common earth wire inside the bulb!

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1458857287.587811.jpg

Head light bulb had blown on our mini today.

Was giving a weird warning of his and low bulb failure on one side.

Turns out it hadn't blown either filament but had blown the thicker common earth wire inside the bulb!

View attachment 166072
wow.

Fords design on bulb holders is crap. an indicator offset bayonet fitting, common not.
then only one electrified retainment magiggy means that you can chase a fault for ages.

Fiat is much better than Ford. just unclip light cluster and fix. Ford nice strangly wires

A BMW MINI took five attempts to get into a parking space big enough for a Luton Van. I didn't pay a lot of attention as that's what happens when you put stupid wheels on a "small-ish" car. I had a quick look over my shoulder as I walked into the shop to see who was trying to drive, if they looked drunk and carried on.
A while later the BMW MINI operator and passenger where in the cosmetic section discussing what moisturiser to use on their faces that wouldn't make their beards "frizzy".

I've noticed this sort of thing before but that was the last straw.

Sorry everyone but the age of Man is over.

Long live the Jacamo reject bearded, hipster tattooed, skinny jean wearing, selfie taking hermaphrodites.

Just watched the film "look who's back" on Netflix. I was aware of it I'd heard the first 20 mins of a radio version on the way to work. The first part of the film is reasonably light so that's what I was expecting...Christ it gets rather dark/disturbing by the end.

Don't know how I feel about this lol. Went to pick up the little girl from school. A Lady walks out of the school gate with her kids , puts all the stuff in the boot . Kids in back. Proceeds to get in the car......The passenger side! Was sat there for about 15 seconds looking confused before she swapped seats and then drove off.

Don't know how I feel about this lol. Went to pick up the little girl from school. A Lady walks out of the school gate with her kids , puts all the stuff in the boot . Kids in back. Proceeds to get in the car......The passenger side! Was sat there for about 15 seconds looking confused before she swapped seats and then drove off.

Drink, drugs, unwell? Whatever the reason, she appeared unfit to drive. I'd have dialled 999.

Back