What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

hi pb whe n we lived in west sussex spent every other weekend traveling to wy aunts at abergavnny only night mare birdlip better now. then only 1 lane up one lane down, in those days found it easer to go down on my 1st old ariel leader those were the days mowermender
I can hear that 2 stroke twin - distinctive sound - in my head right now! Had a big fancy for an Arrow when in my youth, but, at that time, just had to be happy with my Bantam.

I can hear that 2 stroke twin - distinctive sound - in my head right now! Had a big fancy for an Arrow when in my youth, but, at that time, just had to be happy with my Bantam.
It was a Ducati Falcon 50 with a few Puch parts on it for me before I moved up to a Honda S90. Both bikes I'd like to have now.

My younger brother had a Triumph Tiger Cub. My Dad made it my chore to maintain because my younger brother, as Dad put it, had ten pricks for fingers and wasn't allowed to touch tools. It was used and my brother bought it because it was 'pretty'. Someone else also worked on it first and did a hack job. I despised that bike.

To this day, if I see a Tiger Cub at a bike show or swap, I grab a handful of butt cheek and limp away. :rolleyes: :D

hi plj that was the first of 3 leaders i have had last one 2 years ago but had to sell it forced off the road buy a couple who gave me death frets and forced us to move welsh police did nothing mowermender

It was a Ducati Falcon 50 with a few Puch parts on it for me before I moved up to a Honda S90. Both bikes I'd like to have now.

My younger brother had a Triumph Tiger Cub. My Dad made it my chore to maintain because my younger brother, as Dad put it, had ten pricks for fingers and wasn't allowed to touch tools. It was used and my brother bought it because it was 'pretty'. Someone else also worked on it first and did a hack job. I despised that bike.

To this day, if I see a Tiger Cub at a bike show or swap, I grab a handful of butt cheek and limp away. :rolleyes: :D
Yeah, the Cub was quite a "pretty" bike compared to what else was available at the time. I had several Bantams, one of which was a D1 - and not ex GPO either - wish I still had that one. I briefly got into trialing before I got too busy with my mechanicing studies, mainly because two good friends were into it. The one who was really serious about it had a Bultaco and my best friend had a trials cub. Mine was a 175cc trials Bantam. The Bantam was much better than the cub off road but had no speed on the tarmac due to having a very large rear sprocket. My pal and I would follow our other friend around as he competed seriously on the Bultaco. Happy days. Shortly after I sold the Bantam and bought a single pot 350 AJS trials "bitsa". It was a real plodder and would wind itself out of river beds and mucky situations with it's 4 stroke engine but really too heavy for me after the Bantam so I fell off it a lot!

Villiers 197cc in Francis Barnet Lambretter 125cc Series 1,Matchless 600cc with sidecar, Triumph 3TA 21 Model, then passed car test and discovered girls;) still bought bikes, but mainly for when it wasn't raining.

Still earphones and Spotify... anything to avoid Xmas music.
I listen to CDs or stuff off my USB whilst in the car, lol!
There are these things called iPods, marvellous new thing, you can upload all your music to them then listen to them like you would a tape, but you can get more songs onto an iPod and you don’t have to turn the tape over

There are these things called iPods, marvellous new thing, you can upload all your music to them then listen to them like you would a tape, but you can get more songs onto an iPod and you don’t have to turn the tape over
Youngster! An 8 track never needed to be turned over. The tape needing to be cut with a knife so said tape that got wrapped up in the works could be removed, yes. But never turned over. ;) A cassette tape, yeah, turn it over. A knife was needed there more than once, too.

bugsymike-the Duc and the S90, CB500, then a 30 year gap to raise kids. Chinese 200 ds, CX 500, couple of Velosolexes for grins, Ural sidecar, and a couple of mutts. My Dad made me get rid of the Duc and the Honda when I got my first car. He's seen what they are worth now.

Youngster! An 8 track never needed to be turned over. The tape needing to be cut with a knife so said tape that got wrapped up in the works could be removed, yes. But never turned over. ;) A cassette tape, yeah, turn it over. A knife was needed there more than once, too.

bugsymike-the Duc and the S90, CB500, then a 30 year gap to raise kids. Chinese 200 ds, CX 500, couple of Velosolexes for grins, Ural sidecar, and a couple of mutts. My Dad made me get rid of the Duc and the Honda when I got my first car. He's seen what they are worth now.
I used to make a mixtape to listen to in my old Mk2b, as that still had a cassette player, lol! I never needed to turn the tape over though, as the stereo had auto-reverse. 🙂

Eeee Granda..tell me about your iPod..

I don’t know what you were doing with your cassette tapes across the pond but here, the pencil was mightier than the knife!

I don’t know what you were doing with your cassette tapes across the pond but here, the pencil was mightier than the knife!
The pencil was there but was of no use if you had to destroy the tape to get it out of the deck. More than once.

Eeee Granda..tell me about your iPod..

I still have it, originally was a 160Gb late (2008) model, but the hard drive died on it, so I upgraded it to a Solid state memory, but this now means it only has 128Gb Not that I ever filled it.

The best thing about it, was it was the right generation to plug into the punto’s Blue and Me and be controlled by the car

Last edited:
Back