What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

The last thing I said before I left for work...

"Would you like me to get the rabbit in?"

"No, it's fine".

...was my reply. I should have known better. :bang:

Rabbit recovered and happy. He was in my neighbors old hen house. Fox proof, dry and fairly warm. Good thinking. ;)

That would explain why he couldn't hear or didn't respond to his clicker while I was looking for him.

More training required.

My family are a bloody useless lot. I think I'm adopted most days.

Rabbit recovered and happy. He was in my neighbors old hen house. Fox proof, dry and fairly warm. Good thinking. ;)

That would explain why he couldn't hear or didn't respond to his clicker while I was looking for him.

More training required.

My family are a bloody useless lot. I think I'm adopted most days.

what is a clicker? if i try to open a bottle with a child proof lid and it clicks my rabbits go nuts banging feet and trying to hide

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
For those who don't know (and to take the thread further off tangent) Clicker is basically "Simon Says" only you're playing with animals.

If you want the animal to do something you use a click or in the case of Ashes the rabbit you make a more pleasant noise. If they obey you give them a reward (positive re-enforcement) if not you try again. Never ever be negative with an animal; delete the word "no" from your vocabulary. Negativity is the foundation of aggression and animals will react to it, especially prey animals.

Basic training so far with Ashes as he's only a few months old. While he's in his run I click for him to come to me and if he does he get's a slice of carrot or his favorite; celery. The I go to the other end of the run and click again. If he comes to me he gets another reward. That's phase one. Phase two is if I go to one end of the run and don't click. If he comes to me I go to the other end. I then click and he comes over for his reward. Rabbits are very intelligent and soon realise "No click = No treat". I go from on end of the run to the other several times and Ashes does not react to me until I click.

That's the foundation for future training but if (when the little sod) he escapes if I click he usually comes to me. Last night was different as he either couldn't hear me or as I found my neighbors hedge is a effort to get through.

On command "up-up" he makes himself into a little ball so I can pick him up. That took longer, as I had to pick him up, put him down then give him a treat. I mix that one in when doing run training.

He has a stick (stripped back cherry tree branch for him to scratch) that he chases when I throw it for him but it's too big for him to fetch.

Last edited:
Have you ever entered your name into Google..?

Shocked to find: full address, telephone numbers, age and list of others known at the same address including previous home owners...:eek:

So much for the data protection act...
Just done that, apparently I'm an HR Manager at a large company in Chennai, India......oh, and photographer in New York.....and, er, a Microsoft Support Consultant in Cardiff. It also would seem that I'm a university lecturer in Sunderland as well as an oil and gas welder for Tata, a General Manager at a training company in London; Business Development Associate for Staples as well as working in Australia and running a small builders also in Cardiff (bit of a Welsh vibe going on here. Oh, nearly forgot, I'm also a Solution Sales Executive at Ricoh UK.

Honestly, no wonder I never get a moment to myself, and still Mrs. Beard thinks I'm having an affair! Don't know where I'm supposed to get the time. The other six wives and 17 kids take up the rest of my day.

Youngest knocked a bloke off his bike & the bloke is seeking compo. My lad's insurance has sent him a letter saying they're settling with the bloke's legal bods.

My lad was in slow-ish moving traffic (heading towards lights at a T junction). He was indicating to turn left into our estate & this muppet decides to come up the inside. Result was a collision with the rear 1/4 panel of my lad's car. Guy in the car behind stopped to give my lad his details as a witness.

Spoke with insurance & they say there's no point fighting it in court since the court always rules for the vulnerable.
He gave a recent example of a driver going through a green light, hit a cyclist who came through a red. So, despite the cyclist being completely in the wrong, he got compo.

Time to tear up the highway code, it's a ******* free for all out there.
As Xmas is coming, one way to get extra cash for the pressies is to get a cheapo bike & cycle like a tool. A winner every time!

So they trying to put your son down as at fault then? Has he got legal cover on his policy?

So they trying to put your son down as at fault then? Has he got legal cover on his policy?

From what I can gather, they are simply entertaining the easiest route possible to get the biker and his leeches off their backs.
It sounds like they've had similar cases before (cyclist going through red light collides with driver going through green) and it ends up costing them loads.
They'll probably offer a few hundred as their "standard payout in such cases" plus the leeches will get a few hundred for doing, basically, nothing & hopefully that side will all be happy. (just guessing here)

From what I can gather, they are simply entertaining the easiest route possible to get the biker and his leeches off their backs.
It sounds like they've had similar cases before (cyclist going through red light collides with driver going through green) and it ends up costing them loads.
They'll probably offer a few hundred as their "standard payout in such cases" plus the leeches will get a few hundred for doing, basically, nothing & hopefully that side will all be happy. (just guessing here)

I understand why they're doing it, but are they going to be marking your son as at fault and penalising him at the same time?

I understand why they're doing it, but are they going to be marking your son as at fault and penalising him at the same time?

Therein lies the puzzle. I suspect he'll never get a straight answer - what they say to him and what they type on his notes on their computer could be two different things - they'll probably put him down as code XXX which will mean "tell him he's not at fault but try to load his premiums anyway by talking about the volatile insurance market due to the recent air strikes on the militants..."

I'm pretty sure that's what they did to me when I had my claim - dashcam proved me innocent 100% but my premiums still went funny for a long while.

I'm only just back on the saddle after a car overtook me and turned left ten months ago. Not all cyclists are cash for crash scam artists. Try writing to the insurance overwriters and ask them if they have a spine.

Me, I'm not grumpy but a little upset because one of the doves at work was taken by a hawk while it sat on a post watching the sunset. A fascinating as it was distressing.

I had an accident in Norwich about 10 years ago where I ran a cyclist down at 40mph he basically rode out in front of me when I was on a green light and he was riding off the path to cross the road, I bent his bike so badly the back wheel was pointing side ways, police came and arrested him for causing the accident (drunk) gave me a quick breath test as is routine, and carted him off in a van to the police station (how he go away without serious injury I'll never know) essentially last I heard he was fined and sent on his way

Have you ever entered your name into Google..?

Shocked to find: full address, telephone numbers, age and list of others known at the same address including previous home owners...:eek:

So much for the data protection act...

I don't have any problem with Google.....seems I have the same name as a very popular American C & W singer. ;)

Back