What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

time to open up paypal?

ziggy

Bought through amazon, they don't use PayPal (n)
Got a reply a few mins ago as it turns out :confused: 2 weeks of nothing, post on here then hey presto, a response?

The Parcel has not yet reached them...(n)
10 more days until I can claim it's lost by postal...:( Should have arrived by now.

A very sexist loo sign: sent to me by someone who thought it was funny.... :mad:

BogCP3mIMAE5cl_.jpg:large

Ebay listing in Boston (an hour and forty minutes on a bad day) requires collection in Southampton (twelve hours on a good day) because the seller forgot to update the address on his account.

:bang:

Grrrr!

That's made a bargain bloody expensive. :(

Ebay listing in Boston (an hour and forty minutes on a bad day) requires collection in Southampton (twelve hours on a good day) because the seller forgot to update the address on his account.

:bang:

Grrrr!

That's made a bargain bloody expensive. :(

Ouch, can you arrange pickup from postal service?

My grump; the new DS3 has yet another electrical fault :bang: will be calling garage for another warranty claim :-(
At least it's minor ;-) I hope.
Fuses are all fine and it's only a partial failure, so I'm think its a problem with the plug as the circuit also looked and tested fine...

Ouch, can you arrange pickup from postal service?

My grump; the new DS3 has yet another electrical fault :bang: will be calling garage for another warranty claim :-(
At least it's minor ;-) I hope.
Fuses are all fine and it's only a partial failure, so I'm think its a problem with the plug as the circuit also looked and tested fine...

I would if the pillock would send me the dimension and weight so I can get a quote.

I have a £60 a month fuel budget so I can collect the part and cycle to work. ;)

Welcome to the world of French car ownership. At least these days they don't catch fire as much.

Ordered a Sausage and Egg bagel from McDonalds this morning on their drive thru, got to work with it to find it missing the Sausage :bang:

Was Egg and Cheese only :yuck:

:idea: Ah, they noticed you were in a tree hugger mobile, so assumed you were a vegitarian too and deleted the sausage :p. They were just trying to be helpful (y)

Last edited:
WTF is it with the M1 these days?
Spent most of yesterday trundling down this 'superhighway' at walking speed.
It seemed to be roadworks from the M18 split all the way down to MK (and J14 was closed to MK - but they didn't tell us until after J15 :mad:

Youngest knocked a bloke off his bike & the bloke is seeking compo. My lad's insurance has sent him a letter saying they're settling with the bloke's legal bods.

My lad was in slow-ish moving traffic (heading towards lights at a T junction). He was indicating to turn left into our estate & this muppet decides to come up the inside. Result was a collision with the rear 1/4 panel of my lad's car. Guy in the car behind stopped to give my lad his details as a witness.

Spoke with insurance & they say there's no point fighting it in court since the court always rules for the vulnerable.
He gave a recent example of a driver going through a green light, hit a cyclist who came through a red. So, despite the cyclist being completely in the wrong, he got compo.

Time to tear up the highway code, it's a ******* free for all out there.
As Xmas is coming, one way to get extra cash for the pressies is to get a cheapo bike & cycle like a tool. A winner every time!

Youngest knocked a bloke off his bike & the bloke is seeking compo. My lad's insurance has sent him a letter saying they're settling with the bloke's legal bods.

My lad was in slow-ish moving traffic (heading towards lights at a T junction). He was indicating to turn left into our estate & this muppet decides to come up the inside. Result was a collision with the rear 1/4 panel of my lad's car. Guy in the car behind stopped to give my lad his details as a witness.

Spoke with insurance & they say there's no point fighting it in court since the court always rules for the vulnerable.
He gave a recent example of a driver going through a green light, hit a cyclist who came through a red. So, despite the cyclist being completely in the wrong, he got compo.

Time to tear up the highway code, it's a ******* free for all out there.
As Xmas is coming, one way to get extra cash for the pressies is to get a cheapo bike & cycle like a tool. A winner every time!
magnificent not naming the insurance company?

magnificent not naming the insurance company?

Admiral.

Got some more info out of my lad. Apparently, even though the red light cyclist was in the wrong, he got compo but it was a reduced rate.
It seems that they find it cheaper to pay out a few grand up front rather than the very expensive option of court where loads of very expensive professionals also want their wedge.

All this seems to fit with a scenario that happened to my mate over 20 years ago.
Pedestrian, drunk as the proverbial newt, climbs a 4ft railling, crosses 2 lanes of traffic, climbs another 4ft railling & plonks himself onto my mates' bonnet/windscreen.
Witnesses said my mate was braking in anticipation, he couldn't move over to his left as there were cars in that lane.
My mate got a fine, a ban & points. The drunk got quite a bit of compo - but this was at a very reduced rate as he was mainly at fault.
As far as the police were concerned, my mate didn't do enough to avoid since he would've been able to see the bloke clambering the raillings & stopped in plenty of time blah blah blah.
In the real world, the only award this bloke would get would be a Darwin award.

parking policy at bradford college
https://www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/study/international/pre-arrival/bradford/cars

almost like saying, better get out n walk scum.
for me to use pubic transport it would take 1 hour 10 mins, assuming convenient travel timings and cost £7.60 per trip assuming I didn't get travel passes, unlikely with passing though different areas, and only twice a week from different start points

I don't think I have ever been annoyed this much about a single event in my life.

In a home full of adults and teenagers a seven year old was trusted unsupervised to move the family rabbit from his run ten feet to his hutch.

She failed, dropped him, panicked and chased him into a hedge.

Rather than mention this at the time she went in for her tea and brought it up in conversation as she was leaving for the night. It was getting dark and family decided to hack back weeds (nature corner where he was last seen), making more noise to spook the rabbit further away. I come home from work during a break, putting my job, possibility of working in the same field and life as I know it in jeopardy, to find them all sat on their arses watching crap tv. I searched the garden as long as I could and am now back at work thinking about foxes, cats, next doors pond and how badly the locals drive through the night.

:(

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever been annoyed this much about a single event in my life.

In a home full of adults and teenagers a seven year old was trusted unsupervised to move the family rabbit from his run ten feet to his hutch.

She failed, dropped him, panicked and chased him into a hedge.

Rather than mention this at the time she went in for her tea and brought it up in conversation as she was leaving for the night. It was getting dark and family decided to hack back weeds (nature corner where he was last seen), making more noise to spook the rabbit further away. I come home from work during a break, putting my job, possibility of working in the same field and life as I know it in jeopardy, to find them all sat on their arses watching crap tv. I searched the garden as long as I could and am now back at work thinking about foxes, cats, next doors pond and how badly the locals drive through the night.

:(

this ^ has now made me grumpy too, rabbits hate kids and hate being picked up, disaster waiting to happen :(

Back