What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

Young girls in Minis. All of them seem to text and drive at the same time. And then there are the cyclists, who obviously own the roads and for whom the rules of said roads don't apply!

What's not to hate!

Other people...I know it's been sunny for 2 weeks but seriously, it rains 300 days a year how the **** can you have forgotten to drive in it?

This reminded me of something that happened earlier today to me,

Went to park in a multi-story in town as I came up one of the ramps there was a nice convenient space right in front of the top of the ramp, parked up and trotted off happy,

Came back got in my car and reversed out of the space just as I was about to pull forward a bmw came flying up the ramp into the space I'd just left and straight into the wall with an almighty bang reverse lights came on and sheepishly shunted back about 4 inches. Still laughing I reversed back and drove down the exit side of the ramp.

I think he thought I was about to park and wanted to beat me into the spot when I drove off he realised I had only just left the space.

He hit the wall hard so must have done a fair bit of damage, he wasn't the only one I encountered today who had forgotten how to drive

Not much which is the problem.

First offer would have left my a fair bit out of pocket compared to market value of car in this area. So now fighting for an improved offer.

No one is keeping me updated eg when car was officially written off. Also lied to as to cover ceasation date. Insurance companies eh lol

Who you insured with? They sound a bit crap.

Car isn't written off until they've paid you I'd assume, as you can still withdraw your claim until that point.

Here's my grump and it a repeat of an earlier one ......... WHY IS NOTHING BUILT PROPERLY!!!!

The "new" window winder regulator I fitted two months ago has torn the spines out of the winder handle because of a poor fit so I bought a new one from Ricambio and it arrived yesterday all nice and shiny so fitted it all up and dead pleased with my self I proceeded to wind the handle only for the window to stop halfway down and the whole spindle to snap off inside the mechanism leaving me with an open window and a window winding handle with the splined shaft sticking out of it! :cry:

I put it down to people being cheap skates and not willing to pay an extra few % for a quality product engineered and made by a professional. Even the quality of Snap-On has dropped in recent years IMO.

I wouldn't have minded if I paid a few quid but it cost me around £25! Now I somehow have to try and convince them to send me another. :mad:

Who you insured with? They sound a bit crap.

Car isn't written off until they've paid you I'd assume, as you can still withdraw your claim until that point.

That was my understanding. Went via Adrian Flux but underwritten by Equity Red Star. Well, I was.

There's been no payout yet as I'm not happy with the first offer.

And let them starve? He can't afford to feed them (n)
he could have gone to the papers a week earlier

strange that he can afford to build a brand new steal frame barn and his daughter can afford a new 500.

they are just money grabbing barsteads that are looking for an easy way out because the duck egg market isn't as lucrative as they thought it was going to be, the birds were kept in a dingy barn with no room to move.

with that much land there is plenty of ways to make money.

they went from giving away for free to asking for a donation to demanding a donation in the 2 hours i was there, making all the people the rescue had arranged to help collect birds wait as they realized the people getting 1-6 for pets/the pot were donating notes, the donations were going into the farm profits not to the rescue that has taken most of them, they are going to have to feed them.

slaughtering and disposing them would have cost him loads of money they are well past the age for meat eaters food them ducks people eat only get to live 6-10 weeks

Last edited:
Slipped on my bedroom floor last night (having just got out the shower) and pulled the muscles in my groin slightly.

To get some relief, I massage the area...of course, that's not what it looks like!

On the plus side, I'm now home alone and can massage to my hearts content!!
(My groin that is, not anything else protruding from that area!!)

he could have gone to the papers a week earlier

strange that he can afford to build a brand new steal frame barn and his daughter can afford a new 500.

they are just money grabbing barsteads that are looking for an easy way out because the duck egg market isn't as lucrative as they thought it was going to be, the birds were kept in a dingy barn with no room to move.

with that much land there is plenty of ways to make money.

they went from giving away for free to asking for a donation to demanding a donation in the 2 hours i was there, making all the people the rescue had arranged to help collect birds wait as they realized the people getting 1-6 for pets/the pot were donating notes, the donations were going into the farm profits not to the rescue that has taken most of them, they are going to have to feed them.

if he where a money grabbing barsteward then he would have just packed them off to the slaughter house and made a pound or two on each, instead he gave them away at the end of the day no matter what his financial situation they are his ducks, which he paid for and he can do what the hell he likes with them, if the 'donations' went in his pocket, that not anyones business but his, he didn't have to let you take them.

Back