What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

That's what the tiny inside pocket of your jeans are for: folded up tenner for emergencies or leave a well hidden one in an envelope somewhere in your car.
I used to do that instead of carrying a wallet/cash card when I got paid cash for travel expenses. :)

i tend to leave either a fiver or tenna hidden in my car for those times i need it in a emergency:) its always best to just in case of that reason of forgetting bank card:D

That's what the tiny inside pocket of your jeans are for: folded up tenner for emergencies or leave a well hidden one in an envelope somewhere in your car.
I used to do that instead of carrying a wallet/cash card when I got paid cash for travel expenses. :)

Naa, get one of these, put it on car keys. Always got money. :) Saved me a few times!!

Dom

Thankfully my fiancee works 3 miles from where I do and I've arranged for her to lock it in the boot of her car so I can come get it. Always handy having her spare keys lol..used to bug the crap out of her when I'd turn her car round on my lunch break...(she's moved sites since then)

Just lost my job over loads of tiny things (Bad attitude and I don't get on with one person in the sales office) and they also felt the need to bring my driving inside and outside of the premises into it as well...

Also are they allowed to fire me without any written notice and only on my first written warning even though I was doing my job correctly?

Also are they allowed to fire me without any written notice and only on my first written warning even though I was doing my job correctly?

As MEP quite rightly points out anything under two years and you have virtually no rights at all

Companies can if they like penalise you for conduct out side of work if it reflects badly on them as a company, if you drive badly through a small rural area where your work is located (not saying you do just as an example) then your car is parked outside their building all day, they could be getting complaints which reflects badly on them. Driving badly on the premises could be seen as a safety issue.

Anyway from what you've said in the past about they way they've treated you they might have done you a favour, and a hard worker will always find another job quickly enough (y)

What confused me was that they said I'm doing my job brilliantly and I'm very smart yet they sacked me. I also took a colleague into the meeting and he told them how unfair it was. But that's beside the point, I think you're right they have done me a favour.

Working there was crap, everyone always pointed the blame and absolutely everything was needed in writing or an email just so you can't be blamed if it goes wrong. My manager had so sort of problem with me and he always brought his home life into work and took it out on me.

On top of that all of management were always trying to get one up on each other, it was all so petty.

At the end of it, a jobs a job. I've now got 11 months work experience and a level 2 AAT certificate (Done in my own time) to add to my CV and I'm going to find a better job....

Edit: There is an appeal process although I would rather take the way out than try and get my job back.

Last edited:
Back