What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

Come to London (actually don't).

There is a bloke that stands outside the station with a sign saying Jesus. (as if he is waiting for him like people do with cabs at airports)

Hare Krishna people are cool though(y) They sign for you and give you fruit and just generally make me happy when I see them lol.

In Wood Green, on a Saturday, we have a guy shouting about Christianity, standing next to a group shouting about the Muslim faith. it gets very.......noisy.

Petrol station might be closed, which means I need to go into the main store for my shift :(. Will try and see if I can work on dairy as I was on there before I moved.

Grumpy waiting to hear how much my GPS is gonna cost me today... 1st bit of bother really, cant complain... I just wanna know! :p

I'll give them til 3.30 then I'm phoning them!

So today I was at work right. I have a pretty good relationship with my manager - we're more like mates than employee/employer. Anyway so one of the things we tend to talk about a lot is religion. He's a non-denominational Christian (Christian bible but doesn't think of his family as Christian), and I'm a devout atheist. We long since gave up on trying to convince one another they're wrong (it used to be a favourite pass-time) and instead just debate religion in general.

While we were having a debate on religion on the shop floor a customer asked him for help and he moved away and I was approached by another customer, who, in the most condescending way she could, told me I was wrong to not believe in God and that I should not be debating such things because some people might get offended. She was lucky she was a customer or I would have torn her a proverbial new one. Firstly, she was being patronising, that is my number one pet hate since I am among the top 10 most intelligent people I know. Secondly, she tried to force her point of view without having even been involved in the conversation originally.

Now I'm not the most understanding person when it comes to these (here is where I get to the point) things but surely if me making counter-religion arguments is offence to those with faith, then her getting up in my grille and telling me that I'm wrong should be offensive to me, am I right? (That's rhetorical, doesn't matter what you say I'm right because that's how I see it.)

It's now six hours later and I'm still fuming.

if she was a Christian she should have forgiven you anyway :p

Someone moaned about not being able to just press print on j pegs without going through a wizard and I said "oh you have to im afraid" and my boss replied with "well find a solution this isnt the old IT way of working". (which she says a lot)

Ok so shall I write my own operating system. she managed to get about 4 things wrong in a 30 second convo and just ended up turning around.

Don't tell me about computers. You know nothing about them and just embarrased yourself infront of everyone listening.

Why did you tell your fat ginger stalker you liked this certain girl? lol
She's best mates with her..
She asked me if I did in DT, I just looked at her, didn't say anything and she said I was blushing... then she texted her saying i did lol.

I don't think it's messed things up now though, as she logged in MSN and messaged me, now we're talking like last night?! I'm confused

Last edited:
Back