General What would you have bought if there were no 500

Currently reading:
General What would you have bought if there were no 500

Id of got the latest shape Volkswagen Polo that i was looking at before i went to fiat and i would of bought it but i wasn't overly convinced on black metallic paint that was on the polo.

The new Polo 1.2 TSI was exactly the same price as the Fiat 500 (no leather though = (). It is also faster than the Fiat and about the same economy if not a bit better and that DSG gearbox is really a gem. However my mom has the previous Polo and I just dont want to have another Polo to drive... I was also considering the Smart but thats not really a 'car' to go out of the town with while the fiat is definately better handling and faster.

So Fiat 500 it is then!

this may be the toughest question i come across and i can't produce any answer since i bought it for pure joy.

Probably a Mazda 2. They're brilliant little cars. I also took a shine to the Panda 100hp.

Last edited:
Probably a Mazda 2. They're brilliant little cars. I also took a shining to the Panda 100hp.

A "shine" or a "Shining"?

the_shining_images.jpg

was thinking of getting an old shape polo bluemotion, cracking little car if a little soulless but silly money used, similarly minis are stupid cash, new addition to the fleet should be getting ordered on friday as next little project :)

I would have bought nothing and continued to drive my V12 gas guzzler. I needed a sub-100 g CO2 car to drive to work which is within the congestion charge. I couldn't care less about CO2, but I do care about £9 a day. The alternatives are truly horrid. I can't be doing with diesels (especially tiny weeny ones), and I'd rather walk than drive a Prius so the 500 was the only real option. Fiat have made a very low emission car that is fun to drive and own, no wonder they are selling like hot cakes.

Back