Technical Fiat 500 - no CarPlay

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 - no CarPlay

RushupEdge

Hi,

just bought a used 68 plate Fiat 500 Collezione. The dealer had listed CarPlay (which tbh, was a factor in picking this over another model we were looking at) but annoyingly discovered on the drive home that it didn't have it.

After a bit of googling I came across this forum and some of the older threads related to this, but I'm guessing the info may have changed a bit since then.

I'm just wondering what the latest is on retrofitting CarPlay to the model. I see there is a 7" OEM screen available but this seems like it requires a bit of technical knowledge and some kit that I don't have access too.

Alternatively there's this - but it looks like I'd also have to track down the fan trim for this? Otherwise would this work with all the car's functions?

Basically weighing up which option is better.

Finally I'm in SE London — does anyone have any recommends on someone who could install this for me?

Hi,

just bought a used 68 plate Fiat 500 Collezione. The dealer had listed CarPlay (which tbh, was a factor in picking this over another model we were looking at) but annoyingly discovered on the drive home that it didn't have it.

After a bit of googling I came across this forum and some of the older threads related to this, but I'm guessing the info may have changed a bit since then.

I'm just wondering what the latest is on retrofitting CarPlay to the model. I see there is a 7" OEM screen available but this seems like it requires a bit of technical knowledge and some kit that I don't have access too.

Alternatively there's this - but it looks like I'd also have to track down the fan trim for this? Otherwise would this work with all the car's functions?

Basically weighing up which option is better.

Finally I'm in SE London — does anyone have any recommends on someone who could install this for me?
Which radio do you have?
The 5” or 7”?
These radios only like genuine cables.
When you plugged yr USB phone charger cable in did it not ask to activate CarPlay / Auto Android?

But imo, if the car was advertised with CarPlay you go back & get it.

Go back to the dealer complain it does not have CarPlay which was one of your main reasons for buying it and either they need to get it installed or give you back some money make sure you keep a copy of the add preferably a screen shot or printed out to show them what they claimed

If it had CarPlay listed on the Ad and its either not working or not there then its the dealer to sort it for you, even if its knocking a few quid off if they themselves cant sort it out for you

Back