General No Carplay

Currently reading:
General No Carplay

Poppycorner123

Hi all
I have just purchased my 2nd fiat 500 after my Fiat 500 Sport was stolen 😢
This time I decided to go for a newer model and went for a 2017 Lounge.
After a 5 hour drive home after collecting the car, found out that the car does not support Waze due to CarPlay being discontinued.
Having the display head unit I am to say the least very disappointe.

so basically, does anyone know how I can get Waze? I don’t want an Intellidash installed - possibly a dongle?
I’m so confused! Amazon confuses me even more!
any help will be much appreciated please.
thanks

It's not possible to add Carplay. Not with a dongle, not with software.
Your only option is to replace the unit. Either with an aftermarket unit, or a Uconnect from Ebay (or the likes) that has Carplay.

After a 5 hour drive home after collecting the car, found out that the car does not support Waze due to CarPlay being discontinued.
Do you mean that Waze has been discontinued on Carplay or that the car does not have CarPlay seeing as Carplay itself has become an industry standard and definitely has not been discontinued.
The 2017 car comes from a time when Fiat were not installing CarPlay on most of its models unless you paid for an upgrade.

If its just Waze that has been discontinued then you have the options of other services like Apple Maps and Google Maps to name a couple. Maybe the Waze App just needs an update?

If the Car doesn't have CarPlay then you'll need to replace the HeadUnit of the radio to one that does have it.

Do you mean that Waze has been discontinued on Carplay or that the car does not have CarPlay seeing as Carplay itself has become an industry standard and definitely has not been discontinued.
The 2017 car comes from a time when Fiat were not installing CarPlay on most of its models unless you paid for an upgrade.

If its just Waze that has been discontinued then you have the options of other services like Apple Maps and Google Maps to name a couple. Maybe the Waze App just needs an update?

If the Car doesn't have CarPlay then you'll need to replace the HeadUnit of the radio to one that does have it.
Sorry for late reply.
Thank you for your answer and advice.
The car does not have Car Play and the UConnect was discontinued at start of 2023.
I just really needed Waze to be displayed on the screen/head unit. I can get the Waze voice to come through the car speaker when charging lead is plugged in to usb port and downloaded music is listened to via media but doing it this way I cannot listen to the radio.
Not sure if any of that makes sense!

Back