What made you buy a Fiat in the first place?

Currently reading:
What made you buy a Fiat in the first place?

Originally went to buy a 1.6 Alfa 147. At the time my local dealers was an independent Alfa/Fiat dealership (now bloody Arnold Clarks). The Stilo had only been out a couple of weeks and the fourecourt was full of em. Saw a 3dr in Navy Blue and instantly fell in love with it. Plus it was handily quite a bit cheaper than the Alfa! Ended up with 1.6 3dr in black.

2 years later traded the 1.6 in for an Abarth and now also have a Panda. Despite a string of problems with the first Stilo - something brought me back for more! and to be fair the current Panda and Stilo are problemo free!

Bought the 899cc because it was about as good as i could get on insurance costs for a first car...

Bought the 1108cc because the 899cc didnt really cut it for the sort of mileage \ type of driving I was doing. 1242cc'd the 1108cc on a whim, because Id wanted to do it on the 899cc originally...regretted that financially, but oh well, the car's better for it (y)

Just had a new baby and needed space and carrying capacity. Now unfrotunately I'm one of those types who when he needs something goes overboard. So I need space: simple answer I need a van based MPV (doesn't everyone?). There's not much choice in this area and the Doblo was the only one with two airbags as standard.

I must admit that I love it! The space is brilliant - it's got seven seats so I can get the rest of the family in as well. It does 45 to the gallon on the school run, and is a ugly as sin. I like the switchgear, the gear lever position and the mirrors... oh, the mirrors, all cars should have them. I also like the rear sliding doors (having had a nasty accident with the mother in laws CR-V when trying to get the baby out the back).

Have I enthused enough?

The only problem is that my BMW loving brother in law won't come within 6 feet of it. It's definitely an ugly mans car.

my sister bought her fiat for £100 3 years ago off one of my friends he decided he was going to "upgrade" to a citreon saxo (funnily enough he now rides a pedal bike!)
he offered it to me for nothing at the time but i declined wasnt really into learning to drive then anyway my sister has just upgraded to a 307 lx and you guessed i bought the said trusty uno now that i am wanting to learn to drive
i have seen alot of "cheap" cars in the loot and auto trader but to be honest this uno has never failed an mot and even now all it needs is a new handbrake/cable as it only stays still on a hill when in reverse but for £100 i gave my sis i got 5 months tax 11 months MOT and the luxury if knowing exactly the cars history its reliable it does have a couple of beauty spots (rust) but they small and add to its character i know i got a bargain and am chuffed with it only wished i hadnt waited 3 years to find out what a great car she is!

Don't laugh but I first bought a Fiat because I have long arms and short legs ie typical Mediterrean build. Fiats are designed for that sort of person and mostly fit me like a glove. Ever since then I have been impressed with the lot of car that you get for your £ -especially in the Abarth case (well worth all the trouble) :D

It's a very simple answer from me, I looked at all the other hatchbacks avaliable that where value for money and the Punto came out on top. No-one in my family had had a Fiat before but I thought I would give them a try :D Haven't been disapointed yet (y)

iv always liked punto MK2.

my friend just got 1, and i liked the interior and the exterior.

i found it to b quite smooth wen we drove.

( i am going to undate my pictures of my car soon so dont hesitate to look in about 2 weeks)

(y)

It was a toss up between a Vauxhall Corsa (old style 94-00, death on wheels), a Punto Mk1 S and a Punto mk1 SX.

I bought the SX Mk1 (on a V Plate) because i had more equipment than the S and also was one of the last Punto Mk1's and i liked the colour and the alloys.

The Fiesta was shocking both inside and under the bonnet, where as the Punto is lively, nice to look at and very 'italian'.
I will never leave the Italian car market, although i would like an Alfa Brera or a Alfa 75 Cloverleaf.

I'm yet to buy a fiat... Will hopefully have a barchetta by next summer (when it will without doubt rain all year)

which fiesta were you looking at? The new ones all have superbe build quality and engines.

Simply value for money and now I love my little Sei sporting!!

I used to be a VW man but we had a bubba 8 months ago so the need for a cheap run around and load carrier came into play. So the missus sold her Corsa for an Astra Estate and I sold my Polo for the Sei...

The Sei seemed to offer the best equipment, etc for the money I was looking to spend.

Alex said:
which fiesta were you looking at? The new ones all have superbe build quality and engines.

Mark2 Fiesta, when you look at the Puntos mk1 dash you instantly know the Punto is different to its rivals in many ways, it swopping dash and small italian steering wheel.

The mark2 Punto is also nice although the dash became slightly more similar to its rivals.

:)

fiatpuntosx said:
What do you think to it? Our V reg TD Astra Estate is as loud and unrefinded as an early transit. Its practical though, i have to admit.

I like it, we've got a V-reg 1.6 CD. Had a lot of things go wrong in the time we've had it but we picked it up cheap so can't really complain!! And as you said, it is practical - especially as we just moved house so great for moving stuff...

The Sei on the other hand wasn't so much use for moving :rolleyes:

Was originally looking for a car within a £1200 budget and had my heart set on a Seicento Sporting Abarth which my brother use to own but 2 years ago my budget didnt even come close to a Sei so started looking at a polo but my bro told me about Cinquecento's and I ended up going to have a look at a grey Cinq Sporting with a 1242, lowered etc was a really nice runner engine was mint so was bought (y) at £1100 and enough left for a CD player, sadly 1 year later crashed the car late at night very nasty rolled it round a corner :( someone had put something in the road like a brick and hit it while cornering reasonably fast!

1 week later shock was gone and I purchased my current 1999 V Reg Seicento Abarth which had only 22k on the clock 7 months ago :) And to this day I wont even consider getting another car than a Fiat!

Back