General what have you done for her lately

Currently reading:
General what have you done for her lately

Mk 1 had higher lift cams and flat top pistons, mk had lower lift and dished pistons I imagine the comp ratio will be lower on the mk2. Mk 2 had no egr though. I think 9.8 was a bit mean, but often done to reduce the insurance premiums, I remeber doing side by side testing with my mates mk1 back in the day, it was neck in neck up to some high speeds where the 3 door pulled slightly ahead but only just. BHP difference was 6bhp 5/3door, if you think you can notice 6 bhp you're joking, a rolling road cant reliably measure that sort of change. The heads otherwise are identical in every other way, if you want more get some medium street c&b cams and RPlabs software and have it remapped.

ordered some new brakes(y) item number: 290272296565

i wish
going to go out and clean her later, or take it to the mechanic to have a look at if i feel up to it. cream crackered. been up since 3ish, but hopefully i'l be back in some sort of routine of being awake in the day and get on with things.

got myself a check list of things to do. heated rear window isn't working, think it's the wiring leading to it as my old spotlight i now use to test things (need to dig out the multimeter) didn't light up when connected to the connectors. it's probably something to do with the wiring going through the hatch bit. going to check the fuses again just in case first of all.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
ordered some new brakes(y)

i wish
going to go out and clean her later, or take it to the mechanic to have a look at if i feel up to it. cream crackered. been up since 3ish, but hopefully i'l be back in some sort of routine of being awake in the day and get on with things.

got myself a check list of things to do. heated rear window isn't working, think it's the wiring leading to it as my old spotlight i now use to test things (need to dig out the multimeter) didn't light up when connected to the connectors. it's probably something to do with the wiring going through the hatch bit. going to check the fuses again just in case first of all.

You spent how much? :eek:

Will they fit under your wheels?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Regarding the cam about 600gbp, rplabs I think around 500 € (but not checked), plus fitting shimming, belts and maybe cam wheels I'd say 1500 + mapping at about 300. I still think it would make 180bhp FW figure. Without the rempa it wont be any good.

Oh and the grale breaks would have needed some work to fit as the delta has the threaded parts on the hub and not the caliper like the fiat.

Last edited:
Regarding the cam about 600gbp, rplabs I think around 500 € (but not checked), plus fitting shimming, belts and maybe cam wheels I'd say 1500 + mapping at about 300. I still think it would make 180bhp FW figure. Without the rempa it wont be any good.

Oh and the grale breaks would have needed some work to fit as the delta has the threaded parts on the hub and not the caliper like the fiat.

They similar fitting to the Coupe Brembos?

:eek:HOW MUCH, i would want alot more than 180bhp for £1800, it would be cheaper for me to buy a couple 20v turbo engine and drop that in.

correct, it would be cheaper, anyone who thinks they can build NA BHP for pennies is living in cuckoo land, hence the popularity of the hairdrier fed vehicles. 1800 quid - drop in the ocean!!

Coupe caliper fittings are wider spacing then the lancia, the calipers are nearly the same piston sizes are a little smaller - cast your mind back to this......Evo 11 calipers

brembotipo.jpg

rich

Last edited:
several things here, the integrale calipers dont fit for the reason I said, thus the pic shows them with coupe 305 discs using adapters to bring them further from the hub and threads to mount them too. The down side of this was 1. you need 16inch wheels to clear them which in turn cost more in tyres, 2. the dics have to be ground down 1mm each side as the caliper is narrower then the coupe 20vt one this puts the disc on minimum thickness 3. minimum thickness for racing is naff idea. 4. the chap in the picture sort of owned those calipers (I painted them and got the dics ground) but as a deal I sort of gave them back in exchange for some new drilled tipo 16v discs and then used the calipers off my coupe 16vt turbo. This meant I can run 15inch wheels which were cheap (I have 13 wheels remember) and tyres are cheaper and were available previously second hand from the clio cup teams but no longer as they run 17's.

I wont get them but it actually needs some proper race wheels and a real AP racing caliper / 2 part disc, it would work better and save a shed load of weight.

rich

popped out to get a parcel from the post office i missed yesterday (HT leads) but on the way back it started making a horrible metallic rattling noise:( pulled into the nearest car park, which luckily was within walking distance of where me dad works so went and saw him and he gave me a coat but couldn't get hold of a free mechanic so i gingerly drove to the usual mechanic, but somehow the noise stopped before i got there:confused: so he's booked it in for monday.

so this weekend i'm not going to use it at all :( and just hope its nothing too serious.

took her to the mechanic who does all the work i can't. he's checked it over to work out the idle problem, pretty sure but not certain about it being the IAV at fault but there was no faults on the ecu. he's cleaned up the throttle body properly, i hadn't managed to be that successful with my attempts. also got him to change the oil while he had the car. only thing is he's pointed out the noisey tensioner on the cambelt:( so looks like i'll have to get that sorted out soonish before it fails.

still worried about the noise it was making the other day as it wasn't coming from the belt side, but hopefully the oil change will solve that, just have to keep an eye on it.

he reckons around £150 to do the belts which sounds reasonable.

i've lost the badge from the steering wheel:bang: can't find it in the car, it was definitely there yesterday after i picked it up. hopfully i'll find it, but argh!:(

still no sign of the badge:(

made a temporary fix to the heated rear windscreen. it was getting power but wasn't earthing, anyone know where the earth is to in that area? probably just needs a clean, and i'll check the wire itself isn't broken somewhere.

Back