General what have you done for her lately

Currently reading:
General what have you done for her lately

Clamp the wish bone bush end in a vice and twist the arm to put them in a position where the arm faces down, put in the long bolts loose first then the shorter ones, saves the need for both bushes to have the same angle.

skills to pay the bills.......

you said you got a sponsership but did they pay you money for branding there logo down the side of your car???? i was going to put one of there stickers in my window but i paid for it and it never came so i sent them message after message asking were it was and all they kept saying was they was going to send it, never got it gave up asking so they have blowen there chance of having the website advertised in my window, which is there loss as everyone turns there head to have a look at my car.

was going to fit my new manifold gasket and flexy section of my exhaust today but pulled it up my ramps ripped handbrake up and the handbrake cable snapped on one side:bang: so will have to sort that out now first, i had a few curse words to say.

After waiting for 2 months for my suspension to turn up from germany its finally arrived so getting that fitted tomorrow hopefully the old suspension hasnt caused any unforseen damage and it will all fit smoothly. then next job is to get the boost on the turbo set up correctly as currently it is not at its full potential.

suspension all fitted unable to see what the handling is like now as too wet hopefully get a chance tomorrow. It sits a bit higher at the rear now not sure if i like the look of it but maybe it will grow on me will post a pic up when get the chance and better weather

you said you got a sponsership but did they pay you money for branding there logo down the side of your car???? i was going to put one of there stickers in my window but i paid for it and it never came so i sent them message after message asking were it was and all they kept saying was they was going to send it, never got it gave up asking so they have blowen there chance of having the website advertised in my window, which is there loss as everyone turns there head to have a look at my car.

No, I'm paying for the logo on the car - all part of my "job" as a moderator here - promoting the site.

If you've paid for the sticker and it's not been sent why didn't you come to me? I'll get on it and find out what's going on. How long ago did you order it?

I went for the bilstein kit but the springs arent made anymore so i ended up with the bilstein shocks and avo springs. Also found ut that where a previous owner had cut the original springs on the rear they had been CABLE TIED back into place and the original shocks were knackered.lol

cable ties... nice.

Does taking her out for a run count as doing something for her? :eek:

cable ties... nice.

Does taking her out for a run count as doing something for her? :eek:

italian tune up;):p

Going to take it to a friendly Mechanic bloke to try and sort out what's wrong with the idle, probably the idle valve tbh. been running it without it connected which is fine once it's run for 5 mins, but reconnected it for longer journeys. i'll get the oil and filter change done at the same time as well.

now discovered rust on the underneath of the car and inside the wheel arches obviously previous owner didnt do it like he said when i purchased the car :bang: so started to rub it down and treat it but as usual the lovely weather is making it a bit difficult to finish due to heavy rain. So this may take a while.......

What's the 0-60 for a std mk2 Sedici?

I got use of a data-logger and had a little play.. in the wet, 0-60 in 8.3 seconds? No telling work I was making use of their compound :rolleyes:

If that's not too shabby then there won't be much else to do for her apart from fitting the door seals and saving up to have the rear arches rebuilt for the 2nd time :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What's the 0-60 for a std mk2 Sedici?

I got use of a data-logger and had a little play.. in the wet, 0-60 in 8.3 seconds? No telling work I was making use of their compound :rolleyes:

If that's not too shabby then there won't be much else to do for her apart from fitting the door seals and saving up to have the rear arches rebuilt for the 2nd time :rolleyes:

Mk2 sedicis apparently have a 0-60 of 9.8s. which is shocking considering mk1s 0-60 is 7.9s. must be differences in the head, i think the camshafts are different for a start as mk1 tipo cams are an upgrade for coupes etc. hasn't yours got a mk1 head? maybe gearing is different too? 8.3 in the wet does sound pretty good though!

Mk2 sedicis apparently have a 0-60 of 9.8s. which is shocking considering mk1s 0-60 is 7.9s. must be differences in the head, i think the camshafts are different for a start as mk1 tipo cams are an upgrade for coupes etc. hasn't yours got a mk1 head? maybe gearing is different too? 8.3 in the wet does sound pretty good though!

Mine's a Mk1 head on a Mk2 block - I thought the heads were the same and just the mapping was changed? I'm pretty damned sure it wasn't 9.8 seconds on the original head though!

Back