General What have you done for her/him recently?

Currently reading:
General What have you done for her/him recently?

Wanted....Large van load of "Back to Black" please send to NI as they seem not to have any!!!!....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

kev

Mean buggers! :mad:

I was going to wash it before hand but James from the Irish News said not to as it would be more interesting if the car looked like it wouldn't make it to the Arctic!

More Interesting = More Media coverage + Media whore owner (you don't have to be Stephen Hawkings to do the maths on that one to see were it's going, LOL)

Jim

Just spent the last 2 1/2 hours in the sunshine cleaning and spraying the Speedline alloys for Sparky... I've only done the visible bits because they are the only bits that are visible ;). I intend in time to get them professionally refurbished but that is now the last job on an ever increasing list. Pics to follow when they finally make it onto the car.

Luke. (y)

At the weekend I changed my parcel shelf supports for better ones I bought off Ebay a whle ago, with the rubber bits in tact. Was bliss this morning driving to work without it rattleing and collapsing! :)

Got an airbox on that now has a fully functioning thermostatic flappy bit. First time in years:)
replaced the bit of sound deadening round the bulkhead and heater housing that went years ago on a weight saving drive. tiny bit quieter now.
replaced the stupid gas strut off the boot that always drops the bootlid on my head. Well pleased until I turned round and heard the boot slam shut behind me:mad:
took off the non functioning horn and fitted a replacement clean tidy one. Looks much neater, still doesn't work:mad:
replaced the knackered seals on the rear windows. now neater and leak free so am eying up the door seals next.
found a couple of stray horsepower under the mat I thought didn't foul the throttle pedal until I took it out the other day(y)
isn't milder weather great!

Worked on Lizz today....felt like i hardly stripped anything in 4hours...swapped the gear stick from Lizz to p/haze as the one in p/haze used to twist slightly..need to coat lots of stuff in WD40 to get it to move....exhaust should be fun!!!!

Carpet into Bianca tomorrow....plugged some holes as in the pic's and painted some rust eater on today...

Think my clutch cable maybe going in p/haze..anyone tell me if its a major pain in the arse to do????

kev

need....might be a bit strong, fancy is more like it:eek: bought the seals for the back windows brand new, just a generic side seal and I'm rather taken with the whole 'new rubber' effect. if I need seals for anything it's still those holes the rear windows hinge from. Turns out they're a bugger to get out intact so only managed to retrieve about 2 and a half useable ones from the 'great north meet'
just, you know, if lizz's back windows fall out and you're poking about that sort of area........:)
Andrew.

What rust eater do you use and can you buy it in 40 gallon drums, I reckon a weak solution poured into a trench and push Agnes in would do the trick!!! :devil:

Anyone got a spare driver side door? Agnes' is rusted through at the bottom and is missing the bottom outside window seal which is whats caused the problem in part.

Cheers. (y)

What rust eater do you use and can you buy it in 40 gallon drums, I reckon a weak solution poured into a trench and push Agnes in would do the trick!!! :devil:

Anyone got a spare driver side door? Agnes' is rusted through at the bottom and is missing the bottom outside window seal which is whats caused the problem in part.

Cheers. (y)

Lol.....Tonkas been getting the rusteater treatment too....Doors..doors....doors....doors.....:bang::bang::bang: Bianca will be getting a door change in the future...now her ones are quite bad but sound better than yours so could be a temp fix???

kev

took off the non functioning horn and fitted a replacement clean tidy one. Looks much neater, still doesn't work
if it's that one which I think it is
it must be OK as it worked when I checked it...maybe earth and some other connection problem?...

Lol.....Tonkas been getting the rusteater treatment too....Doors..doors....doors....doors.....:bang::bang::bang: Bianca will be getting a door change in the future...now her ones are quite bad but sound better than yours so could be a temp fix???

kev

That would be great Kev, it ain't just the rust on that door that's the problem, the window lifter mechanism is knackered and it's on the side that got crashed into writing the car off so it's kinda bent!! :D

Cheers, Luke. (y)

if it's that one which I think it is
it must be OK as it worked when I checked it...maybe earth and some other connection problem?...
yes it is the one from the tacchini, tried wiring it straight to the relay and earth direct to the body but still no joy. Like a complete idiot though I later realised I haven't actually checked the fuse yet:eek: doh!
easy stuff first eh:bang:

firstcar-Y10 said:

Do you still have it? I need a worn one. I have two fitted to the bonnet of the Rat but one of them is too powerful and flicks the bonnet up quite forcefully. I'll buy yours if you still have it.
how worn do you need it? starting to think it was OK after all and there's more extra sound deadening on that bootlid than I thought...
Andrew.

That would be great Kev, it ain't just the rust on that door that's the problem, the window lifter mechanism is knackered and it's on the side that got crashed into writing the car off so it's kinda bent!! :D

Cheers, Luke. (y)

Hehe. This thread is turning into a 'what do you need for him/her' parts request thread, lol. I love it.

Luke, if its of any help I've a spare window mechanism you can have for next to nothing.

Jon.

Back