Technical What are these holes for?

Currently reading:
Technical What are these holes for?

Arancia

After assembling Arancia for the last two years I am almost done. It may even move under its own power tomorrow 🤞🏻
But I am left wondering what goes in these four holes to the right of the exhaust system where the coil sits.
Many thanks in anticipation
Peter
IMG_1739.jpeg

Many thanks for your replies. Seems I may not be missing any bits after all!

I plan on using those holes to pick up on for a heat-sheild between the thermostat flap and coil

I plan on using those holes to pick up on for a heat-sheild between the thermostat flap and coil
As you know the thermostat dumps excess heat down, past the distributor, engine block and exhaust.

The existing panel (shown in the OP and my prior image) provides partial heat protection for the coil.

Does the operational coil get too hot to touch / hold?

53631667565_e95e73b337_c.jpg

As you know the thermostat dumps excess heat down, past the distributor, engine block and exhaust.

The existing panel (shown in the OP and my prior image) provides partial heat protection for the coil.

Does the operational coil get too hot to touch / hold?

View attachment 442564
It can be warm to the touch, sometimes a little too warm but I've had problems with the car of late, not properly driven it with the new coil I've installed. Was a mini mod I saw on one on Facebook and I thought it was a good plan

It can be warm to the touch, sometimes a little too warm but I've had problems with the car of late, not properly driven it with the new coil I've installed. Was a mini mod I saw on one on Facebook and I thought it was a good plan
Warm is okay. Always concerning when a part cannot be continuously hand held because of temperature.

Please share the Facebook modification info.

I've searched high and low for that FB post and I can't find it. It was a post from a chap whose coil was getting hot and causing a misfire. He made a simple deflection plate, piece of checker plate, bent into an L and angled it so it sent the hot air from the thermostat flap out through his raised boot lid. Nothing fancy, just a simple thing that appears to have cleared up his issues.
My old Bosch Blue Coil used to get hot with a little electronic ignition, one of those plate styled ones. I think there was supposed to be a 1 ohm ballast resistor used in conjunction with it but it wasn't present when I bought the car.

I've searched high and low for that FB post and I can't find it. It was a post from a chap whose coil was getting hot and causing a misfire. He made a simple deflection plate, piece of checker plate, bent into an L and angled it so it sent the hot air from the thermostat flap out through his raised boot lid. Nothing fancy, just a simple thing that appears to have cleared up his issues.
My old Bosch Blue Coil used to get hot with a little electronic ignition, one of those plate styled ones. I think there was supposed to be a 1 ohm ballast resistor used in conjunction with it but it wasn't present when I bought the car.
The "Hall-effect" electronic igniton systems do not require a ballast resistor. I built an 'air-deflector' dam into the inside of the thermostat housing; so far, it seems to have done the job of lowering the amount of very hot air that flows over the distributor. I have measured the temperature of the distributor (with a 'laser' thermometer) after a very 'enthusiastic' run and the temperature of the distributor was only about 95/96C

Back