Technical Weird electrical problem

Currently reading:
Technical Weird electrical problem

daviganth

Hello everyone,

I have a 2002 mk2 punto and recently after going to the car service for repairing a few scratches on the left wing and replacing the left headlight i found myself full of problems.
The roof light doesnt work at all but instead commands the radio. On the neutral position when the light should turn on when the door opens(any door), the radio displays the time and i can turn on the radio but when the door opens, the radio is turning off and when i close back the door, the stereo turns on. When the roof light panel is either turned on or off, there is no display time on the radio but i still can turn on or off the radio and the radio isnt shutting down when i open the door.
At the repairing service they said isnt their fault..but it worked fine before and sure it doesnt after.
I tried to figure it out where the sensor in the door and the roof light and the radio is all connected but no luck.

Can you help me?

Last edited:
A Weird Earthing Problem to me

As to which one - i cant say :(

So i'm going to say start in the Engine Bay - Do the 3 Main Earthing points
1 in the boot under carpet (on left hand side)
1 in the Drivers Comparment between the steering wheel and the Metal frame which the heating console section is (hard to see)

failing that - i'd be looking at the stereo been at fault

Ziggy

Back