Technical water water water?

Currently reading:
Technical water water water?

Grim_Evil

hi,

I have a problem still with my 900cc, Well i did a complete flush of the raditor etc, and re filled the coolent etc, it was working fine, but i have to keep topping it up?, as every other day the coolent tank is right down below minimum etc?.

Any idea why and how i fix it??

thanks

[8]

Check for leaks on the radiator and the heater matrix. the radiators are prone for leaking. Check for white deposits on hose connections too cos that'll give an indication as to where the leak is coming from, other than that, your head gasket may be on it's way out and drawing coolant into the cylinders or drawing coolant into the oil. Check the oil and if it has a milky appearance, the head gasket's gone. Take it to a garage to get it checked though to be on the safe side

Hedge Seeking Missile

well i can see no leaks anyware, oil is right colour etc, not white deposits etc that i can see. So i need to put in the garage then?

(It drives fine, as long as the coolent is kept topped up etc)

but i do not want to distroy my engine:<

how much is for a new head gasket?

Could it be a faulty thermastat? causing the water to boil, and evaporate???

As the oil etc looks fine.???

if so are the thermastats the same on all cinqs??

thanks

Not sure on the thermostats but in my opinion, it wouldn't evaporate because the coolant system is sealed by means of the coolant bottle cap. I'm waiting until payday for my head-gasket but i've been quoted £105 supplied and fitted for the sporting model.

If my gasket goes before payday, i'll just save the money and buy a 1242cc lump to replace it maybe.......

Hedge Seeking Missile

thanks the help, but i found out my problem the hard way, was going down the road and my winscreen got covered in water. The heater Matrix just went kaput. So I need a new one now. thank god it was not the HG.

I have been qouted £65 for a new one? are scap ones ok? or should i get a new one?

thanks

Depends. Have a look at a scrappy and see what you find. Check the condition of it before you pay for it. Best to get one from a cinq R-Reg if you can as that'll be the newest.

Other than that, try somewhere like Partco, Andrew Paige, or any local motorfactors.

Coming soon: Cinq lower than a Prostitute's knickers!

how do you get in touch with them? i need a lambda sensor.. BTW, when's your car on the road again? are you coming for the cento meet on the 22 nov?

Coming soon: Cinq lower than a Prostitute's knickers!

Back