Technical Drain holes under windscreen rubber !

Currently reading:
Technical Drain holes under windscreen rubber !

razza72

yesterday I got a new screen fitted to my daughters car as we found a big puddle in drivers footwell . i took out all the carpets etc and then sprayed the screen , water
came down inside just to the right of the accelerator pedal from up behind the dash . As i thought there was no way in from there except the screen I got it replaced. When the guy removed the old screen there were 2 small holes at the bottom of the rubber run about 5-6 inch in from the lower corner of the screen 1 each side . I pushed a spoke into both while I could but I don’t have a clue where they come out . Today I took the battery out and sound proofing bit to see if I could see it , i couldn’t!! . Iv3 googled and looked at manuals but nothing. Anyone ever seen these holes and if so where do they come out so I can check if clear .
I am hoping it was just the screen rubber as it was old .

I've never had water come in there on any of my centos. strange one
Presume its all fixed now?
Hi
yer was a strange one , had new screen fitted left it out in Yorkshire rain and no leak 👍👍👍,but did find there was another small leak we didn’t notice when screen was leaking as it wasa bad leak . That was all down to the bloody sunroof drain pipes putting water into the sills so small hole due to rust so water ends up in car . I extended the rear pipes and poked them out the sill drain holes as that was what caused the rotten rear sill . So now both front pipes have now been extended out the front and the rusty area cleaned up wax oiled primed inside the car and underneath, underneath also had a coat of lanoguard.i do believe there’s no more rust 🤞 . ive spent this week in the engine bay and buffing up the new painted panels that got welded up .

Last edited:
yesterday I got a new screen fitted to my daughters car as we found a big puddle in drivers footwell . i took out all the carpets etc and then sprayed the screen , water
came down inside just to the right of the accelerator pedal from up behind the dash . As i thought there was no way in from there except the screen I got it replaced. When the guy removed the old screen there were 2 small holes at the bottom of the rubber run about 5-6 inch in from the lower corner of the screen 1 each side . I pushed a spoke into both while I could but I don’t have a clue where they come out . Today I took the battery out and sound proofing bit to see if I could see it , i couldn’t!! . Iv3 googled and looked at manuals but nothing. Anyone ever seen these holes and if so where do they come out so I can check if clear .
I am hoping it was just the screen rubber as it was old .
The later 500s had a polythene drain tube stuffed through an oval hole at each side of the windscreen recess and into the rubber. It is meant to remove the residual moisture that can get through the gap between the glass and the rubber. If it does, the drain tubes deposit the water into vulnerable parts if the wheel arch.....top class Fiat design! ;)

Interesting. So there are some features in common between the classic 500 and the Cinquecento! Great!

The sunroof pipes blocked for the first time on my Seicento recently too. It is 22 years old. Fiat have to sell new cars to keep them going ;)

I had a Renault :eek:- they leak like anything! always aerial mounts and sunroofs getting blocked! The naughties Fiat Multipla didnt have any sunroof drain tubes at all! They rely solely on the rubber seals so they have to be kept clean otherwise water comes in.

Back