Technical Water sitting at the top of the Front Shocks.

Currently reading:
Technical Water sitting at the top of the Front Shocks.

FindlayD30

Hello,

I have a 2020 fiat Panda city cross, it has started collecting water at the top of the front Shocks, seems to be a lot in there and now it's getting into the black pipes that have the wires in it. Also seems to be getting into the footwell. How do I drain this?

Thanks.

IMG_20230919_181001608.jpg

Hi🙂
20230628_170748 (1).jpg
20230628_170836 (1).jpg

Looks like your Duckbills may be choked with leafmould😕

They are well hidden on the 312 models.. 🤔

Which engine you have determines the access

I will post a pic to hint at location 😉

There are a few threads on here about locating the things..

But basically it 2 plastcky rubber tubes (shaped like a ducks bill..)
Hanging out of the bottom of the scuttle.. The void below the windscreen

I believe 1 is directly below the central wiper spindle (tucked being airbox on my twinair panda).

Here you go...

Roll up your sleeves.. Could be 5 litres of water trapped 😉💦

Here you go...

Roll up your sleeves.. Could be 5 litres of water trapped 😉💦
Okay thanks. I'll give it a shot.

I got them drained, but I pushed one back up into the car, any idea how I'd get it back out?

Going round a few bends washed it back into place, all drained now thank you. 💪💪

The Worst that could happen.. An annoying rattle..

Personally I would see if it falls back into the same hole it came out of

I read earlier my one did similar @2 years ago..

It wasn't loose in there 2 months ago.. From when I took the pics of it taken apart ( front suspension work..)

I got them drained, but I pushed one back up into the car, any idea how I'd get it back out?

Going round a few bends washed it back into place, all drained now thank you. 💪💪
I wouldn't bother trying to get it back... if its out of the way, any future water will drain away more easily :)

the idea of those rubber bits is to stop oily smells coming into the car - never been a problem on mine.

(But, if you do want to out it back, best way is to remove the plastic panel below the windscreen and reach in from above, although even then access is minimal. I put a post about how to remove that a while back)

Back