General Coolant Leak - water pump housing

Currently reading:
General Coolant Leak - water pump housing

TTR

Established member
Eh up all,

I’ve just posted another thread re my recent oil change, this is linked as I discovered the below
FDEEDDAD-72FE-4D9B-BFB1-1F6A7369B487.jpeg
0689C468-A714-4F70-9258-F47203A02EDD.jpeg
2378891F-89EF-4F1B-918F-18AA9FC1F371.jpeg

i noted a while ago she was loosing a little coolant but could not find any trace 😳

ive now found the cause - I think it’s the water pump housing which I believe is plastic outer case, I’ve never replaced the pump or housing and it’s a 16 plate with 22k on the clock

questions I have:-

how easy to get at and replace the housing only - any how toos anyone has would be great
do I replace the pump at the same time
do I replace the belt/ chain as I understand it’s not a replacement item really

happy to be guided here - I want to get it sorted and I’m ok with the spanner’s as do most of my own maintenance as per my previous threads on here

cheers in advance

I would always suspect the coolant is leaking from the highest point where the residue is seen, --as in the gasket where the round metal pipe connects to the housing (arrowed) A relatively straightforward fix if so

Attachments

• TA.JPG
    TA.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 31
Eh up Vic20

Could well be right - bl88by water tracks everywhere so finding the source is a PIA 😁

With the spread around the area it’s a difficult one I’m tempted to replace the lot whilst in there although access looks tight for the coolant pipe🤨

I bet if I cleaned it all up the 🤬 thing would not leak so I could see the source - been there done that !

Varesecrazy

I’m thinking inner arch off and it gives me a chance - not sure on access to the pipe though I hope it’s not a bumper off job

Thanks gents all help greatly appreciated 👍

Back