Currently reading:
General Water in tailgate !!!!

Yup Agree

Wiped of the french chalk after I thought I’d solved it 😡

It’s pi88ing down here so don’t need the hose 🤣😂

I’ll get it sorted- just need a dry patch to get to the source

🤞

Bump stop you say ?

Are you sure the leak is not around the rear bumper mounts and then running inside the car?

Is the rear carpet wet at all especially around the central console
Chris3234

Eh up - dry as a bone in rear.

When I say bump stop mean the little rubber screw in bungs in the tailgate itself.

They are on each side.

Definitely not coming in around bumper itself - leak is In tailgate - somewhere 🤨

Cheers for input-👍

Eh up from Pi88ed off ,🤬

The sodding thing is STILL full of water .....🤯WT8 😬

Checked this afternoon and it pi88ed out when I took the bump stop out.

To say I was mildly upset was an understatement 😂

Even my faithful Cocker Spaniel ran for it ......

Mmm well back to drawing board - I’m now think 🤔 it must be coming in from the brake light ....who knows 🤔

I ain’t giving up on this mission 😡

Hey ho from sunny 😎 Yorkshire ☔

Have I said I hate water 💦 leaks !!!!!
There are two drain holes in the very bottom of the tailgate edge (when shut), which drain outside beyond the rubber seal of the tailgate opening, so water should not be able to back up as high as where the bump stops (buffers) screw into. Are those drain openings clear. Unless either (1) someone's filled the tailgate with wax (which will block them), or (2) a lot of dirt has got inside there and clogged the drains, there's no way it should hold water. With the tailgate open, the drains holes are a short distance either side of the boot latch. It's dark outside so this photo might not be too clear, but might help. And how is it getting so full so quickly? I know it's rained recently, but enough to fill up a part of the car that is pretty well protected from water ingress? I still say check the washer pipes...

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
Herts

Eh up 👍

Yes checked these even taken them out - again just to double check they were clear - all good 😁

Had trim off again today to look around 🤔

Cannot fathom it out, french chalked again today so let’s see what happens

The bump stop act like a little well and hold the water 💦

I get your point - it might not be helping I’m parked nose down on the drive☹️ But that ain’t changing

Cheers for all the support on this as it’s really annoying me 🤬

Would rather be changing the rear discs - and that’s saying something on these cars 👍😁

Nope mine have a plastic plug in drain cover, it’s just a pressing so clip in out as easy as owt.

Something and nothing of a clip , it’s all clear as I’ve put my endoscopic camera down as well.

You can see it’s clear from the inside too.

I’m at a loss 🤔 so far

Sacked it today and had a Hob Goblin Gold to think it over 👍

Back