Technical Washer Jets

Currently reading:
Technical Washer Jets

I like the washers that come out the wipers themselves.(y) work great. I had that on my Pug 405, only think was they froze quite easily because of the exposed tubing.:(

I like the Blank or "fake" middle washer on the GP, reminds me of the titanics "fake" fourth chimney. LOL:p

est washer jets i've ever used were honda jazz ones, had them fitter on my civic. just customise the scuttle to fit it! smooth it out and CC it or something!

Yep, my GP had just this problem - also, the washer reservoir was so small that I would run out of washer fluid after 10 miles!

Problem was fixed by Lui's LB Autos in Somerton Lui abandoned the old jets, affixed new (adjustable) ones, and installed an extra reservoir in the vast empty space in the engine compartment. This feeds the original reservoir bottle, so I now have 3 times fluid capacity, all fluid goes onto the windscreen (instead of all over the place), and I can adjust the jets to my heart's content.

I went to Lui after attempting to get 3 different Fiat dealers to understand the problem (and after being asked by Fiat Customer Care "why did you buy the car if you didn't like the washers"!!!) None would admit, initially, that there was a problem and then claimed that nothing could be done. However, Lui rose to the challenge.

Please note: I have no connection with Lui other than being a very satisfied customer!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
GP has the worst wiper/washerjet system of any car I've owned.

Of the 3 GP's ive driven:

1.2 8v active (mine)
1.4 16v sporting (test driven)
1.9 8v eleganza (test driven)

On my active, The wipers have been ****, and smear all over the glass. They squeak, wobble and generally do a poor job, and are almost pointless at speeds over 60mph. This is regardless of changing them.

Maybe mine are screwed on too tightly?:confused:

I read in some trade mag that makers fit the bottle behind the front bumper rather than a more accessable location because it contributes to the effectiveness of the crumple-zone......hhmmmm maybe, but I had to ask myself so what happens if you have a prang and the bottle is empty???

I too get fed up with the ridiculously low capacity of the bottle and the fact it seems to run out every other day............I am sure they could fit a larger one in under there somewhere but its just another trade off between function, convenience and cost.

No - half a dozen squirts and the bottle's empty (and little fluid has hit the w/s). I have never had a car with a washer system as bad as this one.

Back