Technical Rear washer jets not working - With a twist???

Currently reading:
Technical Rear washer jets not working - With a twist???

Hey guys, hope all is doing well.

Got abit of a weird one. So i went to use my rear washer jets on my 2009 Grande Punto they and noticed nothing was coming out, but instead they were spraying out the front one? See video:

When you pull the stalk towards you the front work as they should bit then when you press the stalk away from you, the rear wiper kicks in but then a different spray pattern from the front activates? Any advice on things to check would be appreciated

Hey guys, hope all is doing well.

Got abit of a weird one. So i went to use my rear washer jets on my 2009 Grande Punto they and noticed nothing was coming out, but instead they were spraying out the front one? See video:

When you pull the stalk towards you the front work as they should bit then when you press the stalk away from you, the rear wiper kicks in but then a different spray pattern from the front activates? Any advice on things to check would be appreciated

If your vehicle only uses one washer pump, but reverses it's direction to do the back I would clean the muck out of the washer bottle and pump plus any valves in the system as that can cause it due to the bacteria sludge, that people putting washing liquid in the bottle instead of the correct screenwash can cause to build up.
By the way, keep away from that muck and spray, as I got a leaflet some years ago from Volkswagen Trade Suppliers mentioning that a survey found that there was an increase in Legionnaires disease in "white van man" which they identified as a likely cause driving up the ar*se of the car in front when working it's screenwash and the van had it's windows down so the driver breathed in the the stale screenwash believe it or not!

Back