General Warning against Webstore autodoc

Currently reading:
General Warning against Webstore autodoc

Muddur

WARNING OF BAD WEB SHOW FOR SPARES (n)

(n) DO NOT USE AUTODOC! (n)

I been using autodoc.dk as regular spare-part supplier for planned maintenance.
It is slow delivering, but time is an issue for major planned jobs.
I have had issues in the past where they drew the money for spares they could not deliver and return of money have been extremely slow

This friday (2019-11-29) I found that they had changed the brand of a major sparepart.

(Rechecking my screenshot).

In a search for the quality of the brand, I found that Autodoc does this on regular basis an charge premium for a non-premium spare-part brand.
(not all spare-parts have the same fit or quality)

In my dialog with the support, I receive a pre-written explanation of why.
(I know it was pre-written as it only took the support 5 second to write ½ a A4 page).

I cancelled the order in the dialog with the support assistant, but today I get an e-mail that they cannot supply one of the spare-parts and I found that the money have been withdraw from my account.

Be warned! They behave immoral, and probably illegal!

I've used them several times and not had any problems.
They are based in Germany, so delivery is usually a week, but good prices for non-urgent jobs.
Using the autodoc uk website, each part shows if it is in stock at time of ordering, so I will only choose 'in-stock' items and have had no issues, always got what I expected.

Have you had problems with out of stock items? Or were they shown as in stock?

Looking on Trust pilot its clear they have a BAD rating from 31% of customers completing reviews. This seems pretty high. Thankyou for flagging it.

I have found that when buying spares you get what you pay for and parts that are either critical to operation or safety are best from either the dealer or from a place where they are OEM and from manufacturers that supply dealers. The only exceptions I make to this are if I know by reputation that the supplier is better than OEM and even then you get caught out sometimes.

I have tried the second hand route and find that such parts often have a limited life span which makes them less economic too.

I read an article in a Car mechanic Magazine about two years ago that looked at internet suppliers and it made my hair stand on end. They cut many parts in half to show the difference in structure and strength etc. I am even more sceptical about such things now.

I recently bought an exhaust back box for out 1.2 169 and fitted it on the cheap. I now find the car runs poorly and feels down on power. Conclusion : Im wish I had paid for the proper part as I would ahve paid more overall nut had only one day wasted fitting the part and would have avoided the period before this thing rots away and I can do the right thing. Ditto Bilstein dampers supplied with the wrong sized bushes. That's another day to rectify and stop the clonks and rattles. At least these work really well so it will be worth it in the end.

This issue is one that needs to be discussed so bad firms can be avoided.

I hope you manage to resolve your issue as I thought Auto Doc were OK.

Well all I can say is I have used them on a few occasions in the last four months with no significant issues. only on one order were two filters of a different brand to that ordered (air filter & pollen filter) otherwise all product as ordered and delivered on a timely basis.
I stopped using Eurocarparts as overpriced and very dubious brand names, I prefer brands I have known & worked with throughout my working life in the motor aftermarket.

Another one to be aware of is buycarparts.co.uk , i bought several bits from them, they sent me the wrong cam cover gasket, by the time i came to use it my 14 days were up, they refused to replace it, seems very bad customer care considering the fact that they sent me the wrong part, won't be using them again!

I've used them (and buycarparts.co.uk - same people?) and had some good prices / parts / brands. Once I ordered the wrong radiator for my old Panda (one for A/C cars) and had to send it back, bit of a hassle but they dealt with it okay. International postage etc will always sadly be slower though.

They sent me the wrong sparkplugs earlier this year for my old Panda. Sometimes it's hard to be sure you're ordering the specific / correct parts with them and there seems to be lots of duplicated parts in the search results :bang:

I've only ordered one thing from Autodoc, that being my recent Gates cambelt kit. I ordered it on 28/11 and it arrived yesterday, 05/12, exactly a week later (which I didn't think was too bad for a basic parcel from Germany to the UK).

I was surprised to find the cardboard box the kit is supplied in had been opened at some stage, and taped up. The belt was marked as Gates, which was reassuring, but the water pump and tensioner were anonymous (at least, I didn't see any manufacturer ID on a casual glance). I'll have another look in the morning.

I was also surprised that Autodoc set up an enduring payment authorisation on my PayPal account, rather than taking just the one payment for the cambelt kit. I guess this would make future orders easier but I was still uncomfortable with it, so I cancelled it once they'd taken theit payment.

The issues with Autodoc have been adding up, but I have been seing through this as my old mechanic recommended them.

Their prices are more than fair and I have only been using brands I know and trust, like Bosch, Valero, Monroe, Magneto Marelli, etc.

But the deliveries have been slow, been in parts, badly packed, I have as well had some wrong sparkplugs delivered.

I don´t believe in using used parts as all parts have a life expectancy and I am not fond of using more time than nessesary on my car.

There are excetions, but only on stuff which is expensive and hard to get.

I recently bought an exhaust back box for out 1.2 169 and fitted it on the cheap. I now find the car runs poorly and feels down on power. Conclusion : Im wish I had paid for the proper part as I would ahve paid more overall nut had only one day wasted fitting the part and would have avoided the period before this thing rots away and I can do the right thing.

This issue is one that needs to be discussed so bad firms can be avoided.
So do i, i replace the oem exhaust back box because rusted and started exhaust leaking. The oem price wasn't affordable for my wallet, so i prefered an aftermarket exhaust, i replaced it and the sound was excessive loud to my ears either in the cabin neither outside. After, a week i could't nagotiate with loud sound, so i add a centre exhaust box instead of the exhaust tube and resolved the issue. Now, my Panda 1.2 is more silent even the day i bought it.
Ps: The centre exhaust box i used was a used centre exhaust box from a vw polo 1.4 9N.

Last edited:
The 100HP needs a new flexible joint at the front. It's a bit louder than it should be but hardly audible in the car. Maybe the rear box you got was intended for a two box system hence the noise.

I recently fitted a cheap system from eBay. German made but cost £75 delivered. It has one box (as did the original) was easy to fit and sounds just the same as original. The welds quickly rusted but a wipe of copper paste has sorted that. Cheap systems do not have the weld mill-scale removed before they aluminium coating is sprayed.

Back