Styling Volare blue with tan interior

Currently reading:
Styling Volare blue with tan interior

Looking at the first post with regards to colours, does anyone know if Fiat are changing them any time soon? Won't affect me but I'm just interested to know. Looked on the US Fiat website and they're offering it in some very nice colours over there, including the orange and a colour that is strikingly similar to YeYe Green - I thought this colour suited the car's personality perfectly, and then FIAT dropped it! Wonder if they'll offer any more 'vintage-looking' pastel colours any time soon.

Looking at the first post with regards to colours, does anyone know if Fiat are changing them any time soon? Won't affect me but I'm just interested to know. Looked on the US Fiat website and they're offering it in some very nice colours over there, including the orange and a colour that is strikingly similar to YeYe Green - I thought this colour suited the car's personality perfectly, and then FIAT dropped it! Wonder if they'll offer any more 'vintage-looking' pastel colours any time soon.

From what I've read the colours that were pulled weren't the "best sellers" but maybe Fiat just decided to get rid of the unconventional car colours? Who knows. I do know that if they bring back the ye ye green I'd be tempted to sell up and get one!! :D

Plenty of people move after buying a car, it'll be fine. Dealers will see it alot.

Agreed - IME dealers are just glad for the service/warranty work no matter where the car came from originally.

Well I picked up my car yesterday - Twinair Lounge in Volare Blue and I did go for the tan leather seats in the end. She's beautiful :) I briefly met LittleMax at the dealer too - my car is distinctive so it was obvious who I was!

I'll post some photos when I have chance to take some [when it's not dark].

Had a lovely drive home with a bit of a detour to let my parents admire her and it was almost dark when I got back, just had chance to stick the side rubbing strip badges in place - can anyone comment about how sticky they stay? I'm a little worried about the stick wearing out after some rain and them falling out. It's been dry since I put them on and there's no sign of rain for the rest of the day so fingers crossed.

I'm still getting used to driving her - I've been good and am following the SHIFT up/down indicator most of the time. Stop & start hasn't annoyed me yet, but I've not had to do any sitting in major traffic yet.

I connected my phone to the car this morning, managed to ring someone in the process - oopsie :) I've yet to try connecting up my ipod - that's a job for later :)

After I'd ordered I got it into my head that I should've chosen different wheels, but having seen them in the flesh I don't mind the bog standard 15" multispoke ones at all so I'll not think about that again :)

I've also got to sort out the mats - the dealer kindly dumped them in the boot of the car rather than screwing them in place for me.... And I'm not the only one who was annoyed about this too ;) I also noticed some grubby marks on the steering wheel - I think someone at the dealer didn't wash his hands!:eek:

Next week I'm going to investigate cleaning it and getting it waxed or whatever it is. I'm not a DIY person so will be paying someone to do it for me! :eek:

flojo i never bothered fitting the screw for the drivers side mat, the velcro has been more than up to the job, enjoy the car

My car is coming up to its 1st service now.
Last night I got an engine failure message as I reversed out of a car parking space at Sainsburys and juddered to a halt. Oh noes! I managed to get into another space, grab the quick guide book from the boot to check the errors. ESP and hill holder unavailable. Check engine and Stop Start unavailable. Most of the errors vanished after a few re-starts except the engine warnring message. It's only a few miles home so I drove back. We topped up the oil earlier (it was low) and asked one of the lads in the little servicing/MOT garage to plug in their diagnostic computer for me. There was only 1 error- an ignition coil failure, hopefully it's nothing too bad and can be fixed under warrenty when I take her in for a service!
Moral of the story: be nice to the garage-next-door and let them use your driveway as overflow parking for the cars they are working on, so you don't feel too cheeky the odd time you need use of a car diagnostic computer :D

My car is currently poorly at the dealer. I've had engine warning lights appear and every other start up there was only enough power to sloooooooooowly crawl into action with a heady top speed of 35mph, after about 5 minutes of driving you could feel something change and power went back to normal. It was as if it was running at 0.6cc without any of the turbo boost. It's something to do with the ignition coils (as bgunn stated above) - dealer currently waiting for authorisation so should be fixed tomorrow.
While it is in, I've mentioned the bulge in the leather on the driver seat, hopefully they can get that authorised too. The chap thought that the car was in the 3rd year of warrenty so I've corrected him and asked him to re-investigate sorting it for me :)
So I'm on the bus home this evening!

My car is currently poorly at the dealer. I've had engine warning lights appear and every other start up there was only enough power to sloooooooooowly crawl into action with a heady top speed of 35mph, after about 5 minutes of driving you could feel something change and power went back to normal. It was as if it was running at 0.6cc without any of the turbo boost. It's something to do with the ignition coils (as bgunn stated above) - dealer currently waiting for authorisation so should be fixed tomorrow.
While it is in, I've mentioned the bulge in the leather on the driver seat, hopefully they can get that authorised too. The chap thought that the car was in the 3rd year of warrenty so I've corrected him and asked him to re-investigate sorting it for me :)
So I'm on the bus home this evening!

That really beggars belief. Surely he should know that the TA has not been out for two years yet so none is in its third year!

That really beggars belief. Surely he should know that the TA has not been out for two years yet so none is in its third year!

I said something like that to my OH. It's also volare, which I don't think has been out for over 2 years either :)
Anyway, photos of said leather bulge have been forwarded to Fiat for authorisation now.

I said something like that to my OH. It's also volare, which I don't think has been out for over 2 years either :)
Anyway, photos of said leather bulge have been forwarded to Fiat for authorisation now.
If you have any issues with getting it done under warranty give me a shout :) I'll dig my case number out which will give you some nice ammunition if they try and say no :)

I think Maxi and Flojo should each post pictures of their derrieres so we can see if Maxi's saggy seat bottom case will be comparable to Flojo's. On second thoughts, Maxi doesn't have to bother.

I think Maxi and Flojo should each post pictures of their derrieres so we can see if Maxi's saggy seat bottom case will be comparable to Flojo's. On second thoughts, Maxi doesn't have to bother.
I don't have a picture of my behind readily available but here's one of my knee after mountain biking yesterday :p

283557_10151241474655189_1355186084_n.jpg

Back