Styling Volare blue with tan interior

Currently reading:
Styling Volare blue with tan interior

Hi everyone from a newie on the forum :wave:

I'm off to testdrive a TA and a 1.2 lounge tomorrow. Already driven the TA a month ago and want to compare it to the 1.2 with a view to putting an order in too!

Still trying to decide on a few details though, I've looked through the members photos and as back 3/4 pages of forum search pages, but does anyone have any photos of the volare blue with the tan leather interior?

I'm also interested in peoples thoughts about whether the ivory interior becomes grubby looking overtime, even with regular use of wipes etc.

Finally, do you think it's worth holding off ordering until June when the new specs (and possibly colours) are introduced?

Thanks everyone
Jo :)

It is worth trying the two on the same day.

I did and look what happened. :)

I think the combo you are suggesting sounds very nice.

Last edited:
Sounds a great colour choice. I have the tan seats and ivory ambience and
I've had my car a year and a half and so far the ivory bits have not got dirty enough for me to notice.

I have never even yet felt the need to properly clean the steering wheel or any of the other ivory bits other than dusting them a couple of times.

The steering wheel could probably do with a with a wet wipe over it if I wanted to get it back to new looking but I've never bothered so far!

Thanks everyone! We test drove both yesterday and although the dealer has a 1.2 available and in stock I'm probably going to stick with what I wanted which is the twin air. Just waiting to hear back from the dealer about a few details before I place my order!

The ivory interior can get very very grubby if not wiped down or cleaned fully every few months. I've had mine for 2 1/2 years now and the wheel has gone a dark shade of beige as I keep forgetting to clean it (You'll need a good leather cleaner for it).

I've also had to clean the control stalks several times as they get dirty very easily, and the radio controls need regular dusting.

Is it worth it though? Heck yes! It looks fantastic and combined with the glass roof it really brightens up the interior. (y)

The ivory interior can get very very grubby if not wiped down or cleaned fully every few months. I've had mine for 2 1/2 years now and the wheel has gone a dark shade of beige as I keep forgetting to clean it (You'll need a good leather cleaner for it).

I've also had to clean the control stalks several times as they get dirty very easily, and the radio controls need regular dusting.

Is it worth it though? Heck yes! It looks fantastic and combined with the glass roof it really brightens up the interior. (y)

Hi Lloyd, thanks for your input! I have to say when I first test drove the car a month ago my initial thought was to stay away from the ivory but having tested a lounge this time, I agree - with the light interior and the lovely roof I think it will be really bright and airy. I'll just make sure I keep a stock of leather cleaning wipes around to keep everything bright and shiney.

I'm still not sure whether I want to pay the extra for the tan leather, I really do see that it would look great, but I'm just not convinced it's worth paying the extra money. I do think it's a shame that Fiat don't offer the plain blue / white as an option with the volare blue colouring - I'd have that in an instant!

I regret not having the leather in mine. The standard cloth seats get very dirty very easily and they're difficult to clean too. I'd suggest speccing the leather if you can afford it. (y)

I regret not having the leather in mine. The standard cloth seats get very dirty very easily and they're difficult to clean too. I'd suggest speccing the leather if you can afford it. (y)

That's the main reason I went for Supagard.

Time will tell if it is worth it.

I'v had my 500 for 2 years (and bought it at 1y old), done 27000 miles & agree with Lloyd that ivory wheel & stalks all need regular cleaning. I have the red leather & it looks great with the ivory ambience, definately did not like the houndstooth cloth. A few on the forum people have said that it stains quite easily

Just another thought - what are the leather seats like temperature wise? I.e. how cold do they feel when you first get in on a cold winters morning? And do they get hot in the summer...

Back