VB.net application installation

Currently reading:
VB.net application installation

Jonny Dazzles

J5 is alive!
Hi guys,

I've just started trying a few projects within vb.net 2008, very basic knowledge so bear with me! :)

Is it possible to make it so when the application is published it just loads from the .exe file or does it have to be physically installed on the machine?

Cheers Jon

It will just load from the exe, but the machine will need the relevant .net framework to run your code.
I have the .net framework installed and can run the applications i've created but whenever i start it up from the exe on a new machine it has to install it.

I'm trying to vreate an app for the people at work to use but dont want to spend half hour or so installing it. Is it possible that i can just email the exe and it will run straight away with no install needed?

Cheers bud

I have the .net framework installed and can run the applications i've created but whenever i start it up from the exe on a new machine it has to install it.

I'm trying to vreate an app for the people at work to use but dont want to spend half hour or so installing it. Is it possible that i can just email the exe and it will run straight away with no install needed?

Cheers bud

Sounds like you are publishing it. Just grab the exe from the /debug/bin folder

P

Back