DSC00031.JPG

Vauxhall Omega 2.0 16v

Introduction

so... this is what ive got:D

i was looking for a bigger car anyway, since i drive 20 miles a day with 3 passengers.
Jordan's mate bough this car a few months ago, it started to run crap, and would hardly start.
i bought it off him for £170, because i thought i might get lucky and fix it, and also because its a beautiful car, hardly a spot of rust or any dents; its immaculate!
within two days, i joined vauxhall forums, figured out how to read fault codes off the ecu (with a paperclip! :eek: ) and got it going, costing me £15 for a new crankshaft sensor!
i have since spent £15 for new back brake pads, and £40 for a new back suspension spring. there are lots of little niggles still to fix, like the temp gauge going off the scale (fixed with a good thump to the dashboard!) the exhaust blowing, and the idle control valve, are the worst faults.
now i have driven it for almost a week, and i love it!
the engine is quick, the handling is actually really good (in the dry, havent had it in the wet yet) and its a really comfortable cruiser.

Best of all, IT DRIFTS! :slayer: :slayer: :D
i realy need to stop doing it, its eating my back tires like anything!

the worst downside of it is that it drinks fuel amazingly quickly.

Oh, well, selling the punto now, il put it in the classifieds :D
i still might get another punto, i really want a project punto. (this is my excuse for staying on the forum after the punt is sold:p )
had a haynes, but looked at the car (under a garage lift, with all the pro tools i could ever need) and i still didnt know where to start, cos the engine sits right next to the bulkhead, theres no space at all :bang:

so got my uncle to do it (jordan's father) he took one look at it and started right away! bless him, i could never be a professional car mechanic.

UPDATE: the punto is sold.... to my parents, they wanted a car for my brother in a few months time, and since they know the history of the car, they decided to buy it! So i still get to see its lovely looks every day:cool:

The Omega clutch is renowned for being difficult due to the RWD setup and shear weight of the components makes it a difficult job for one person to tackle, if you could manage this at home DIY then you have some balls!

Liam

ooo omega, i want one of these but a V6 2.5L and put it into my chevette i hopefully am getting :D

if your going to all that trouble then wouldnt the 3.0l be a better choice?
watch out for 2.5's for sale from vec owners doing the 2.5 to 3.0 upgrade though for the shoveit conversion it maybe a cheaper buy

Last edited:
The Omega clutch is renowned for being difficult due to the RWD setup and shear weight of the components makes it a difficult job for one person to tackle, if you could manage this at home DIY then you have some balls!

Liam

It was on my dads lift, and i think he was there to give a hand with the heavy's. I believe the hardest part to do is the cable at the very top of the box right under the tunnel. Not much space!

Jordan

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

this thread is fast turning into the "crappy VX saloon thread"

the HG has gone- meaning that i will be driving the punto AGAIN.

the car is no longer worth the cost of repairs, but since i have just spent 300 on new clutch, tires, idler, track rod end, (etc etc ETC!) then theres no point in dumping it.
i just hope that after this is all mended, nothing else can go wrong :eek:

well then i would have to buy another car, potentially with the same probs again.
i think what im gonna do is mend it, keep it til spring and (hopefully but i dont see why not) buy a grande punto abarth :D
im sick of old cars for the time being.

it no lesson - i bought it with full knowlege that it was old and broke, but it was a gamble and it failed...
well if the gasket is replaced an nothing else goes wrong then it not too bad.
will sell asap tho.

UPDATE

:) ive started to give the ole thing some love again, its been fixed and running for (almost) a week LOL

now it has blue dashboard lights, a HUGE improvement over the old (and bust) yellowy ones :yuck:

it has new tyres (actually they went on a day before it broke down last) on the front, and oldish, hard tyres on the back, and its pretty good at sliding round corners if i want it to ;)

Attachments

• DSC00055.JPG
    DSC00055.JPG
    322.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
    349.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00053.JPG
    DSC00053.JPG
    311.2 KB · Views: 44
Lights look mint, i see you have done the heater control panel in blue LEDS as well, it is the only thing not blue in mine, they are a b*tch to do in mondeos :(

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back