DSC00031.JPG

Vauxhall Omega 2.0 16v

Introduction

so... this is what ive got:D

i was looking for a bigger car anyway, since i drive 20 miles a day with 3 passengers.
Jordan's mate bough this car a few months ago, it started to run crap, and would hardly start.
i bought it off him for £170, because i thought i might get lucky and fix it, and also because its a beautiful car, hardly a spot of rust or any dents; its immaculate!
within two days, i joined vauxhall forums, figured out how to read fault codes off the ecu (with a paperclip! :eek: ) and got it going, costing me £15 for a new crankshaft sensor!
i have since spent £15 for new back brake pads, and £40 for a new back suspension spring. there are lots of little niggles still to fix, like the temp gauge going off the scale (fixed with a good thump to the dashboard!) the exhaust blowing, and the idle control valve, are the worst faults.
now i have driven it for almost a week, and i love it!
the engine is quick, the handling is actually really good (in the dry, havent had it in the wet yet) and its a really comfortable cruiser.

Best of all, IT DRIFTS! :slayer: :slayer: :D
i realy need to stop doing it, its eating my back tires like anything!

the worst downside of it is that it drinks fuel amazingly quickly.

Oh, well, selling the punto now, il put it in the classifieds :D
i still might get another punto, i really want a project punto. (this is my excuse for staying on the forum after the punt is sold:p )
cheers :)
i could sell it now for a few hunner profit, but i like it too much. its either going to be this car done up (de-badged grille, and the expensive, sleeper look)or a project punto, and im torn between the two at the moment!

We had the 2.2 auto petrol with all the toys. You want the irmscher kit on it!

Theres a specific omega owners club (some one on my CRX rally is a moderator of it) if you dont know about it? will get you link if you didnt?

ah good ole omegas! love em, love the carlton's more, but the last of the line omega's (Treg thru 2002) were fully loaded with everything, and looked fab :)
pick up a fully loaded (dual climate, HID, leather, 3.0 in silver met with bodykit and 17/18" alloys for under £3k now :eek:

ive already joined 3 vauxhall forums, inc the omega specific one ;)

they do a irmscher bodykit for it? :confused:
aha- googled it, very nice indeed! it makes the car look so much more modern...

i get 27p per mile, or £25 a week, and i get it in lump sums at the end of each six week term, so its ok (y)

NEED an exhaust sorted for it, ive bought a redtop manifold on ebay (stainless tubular, bolts straight on) but the old system is rattling and blowing.
when the previous owner had it, while it was running badly, an extra large backpop must have exploded the cat (i think thats the story anyway) so it was de-catted, very badly!
so its an excuse to buy a full stainless system, and get them to fit and modify the manifold at the same time!

looks like a real beast of a thing, very nice,
yeah the old opels (vaux to ya'll) were very handy with the litle paperclip trick huh, made things a lot easier but now they what you to go and get ripped off at a dealer.,lol

:(
its not looking like so much of a bargain now... the clutch has went, so £150 for a new clutch minus labour, and the dual-mass flywheel is fcuked, but on that one, jordan's mate/partner/machinist is going to weld it up into a solid flywheel and re-balance it.

Back