IMG_00135.JPG

Vauxhall Astra Coupe.

Introduction

Hi all.

This is my Vauxhall Astra Coupe, styled by Bertone. Its a 1.8l 16v. it replaced my much loved Punto 1.2 8v

IMG_00135.JPG

IMG_00153.JPG

IMG_00163.JPG
Re: Vauxhall Astra Coupe

I'll be keeping it upto date (y)

got a list of plans for it; <-- (easiest ones to do)

Rear Window Tinting. <--
Irmsher Black/Blue steel Instrument Dials <--
GSi Front Bumper.
Remus Duplex TwinSilencer 135mm x 75mm.
Irmsher HID Light Units
35mm Lowering <--

Got stopped on the way to work today by a Traffic Officer. Doing 46mph... In a 50mph zone... :bang: But me going lower than the speed limit wasn't on his mind

He was more interested in how a young driver was driving around in a powerful coupe. He was sure that i was uninsured and couldn't understand how the system hadn't picked me up. So I showed him my Insurance Certificate which was in my clove box. and Elephant.co.uk back up when he called them :cool: checked the tax discs, tire tread depths and bulbs.

He was quite embarrassed when the car was perfect and had to send me on my way. :rolleyes:

All im going to say is prejudice t**t.

He was quite embarrassed when the car was perfect and had to send me on my way. :rolleyes:

All im going to say is prejudice t**t.
Let's hope the car is never stolen by someone your age then.

Then you would want the car to be stopped immediately - and the 'thief' questioned.

They are only doing their job after all because it felt suspicious to him. You were legit and had nothing to hide, so what is the issue?

Let's hope the car is never stolen by someone your age then.

Then you would want the car to be stopped immediately - and the 'thief' questioned.

They are only doing their job after all because it felt suspicious to him. You were legit and had nothing to hide, so what is the issue?

I guess that its just more annoying than anything else. I understand that he's just doing his job.

Its more the fact that he said when he stopped me "I have stopped you as i feel you are driving uninsured". If he had at any point asked, "are you the Legal owner" than i would understand. But i guess slightly different ways of wording it.

Didn't even offer me "notice of stopping" form that i could have submitted to work for been 20mins late

Could be that because it is a very recent insurance policy you have taken out that it's not on the police system yet and was coming up as uninsured.
No, ANPR never flashed a error. which it would if the system didn't recognize the insurance, but oh well, was just an inconvenience and its over and done with. However i did see him in Wakefield when he was off duty near the Police Station, and he did apologise, which was nice i guess..

Just a small update.

Calipers are currently off and drying after been painted red. look quite good. they dont stand out that much against the silver which is fine by me. took a while doing all 4 calipers.

ordering some springs for the car. hopefully this wont be as annoying as with the Punto :rolleyes:

when my next wage packet comes in im planning on booking it in for tinting. just need to find a decent priced place. a lot of companys are ramping up the price because its a coupe with hard to access rear screen. the Punto cost me £80. this is going to cost £160 from what a lot of companies are quoting :cry:

Was planning on getting the exhaust system. but the Duplex system i want costs £400. so looking for a cheaper alternative. however in the mean time might just put on a chavvy oval back box for some fun. Needs to be oval, thats the only requirement... :devil::devil::devil:

Last edited:

when my next wage packet comes in im planning on booking it in for tinting. just need to find a decent priced place. a lot of companys are ramping up the price because its a coupe with hard to access rear screen. the Punto cost me £80. this is going to cost £160 from what a lot of companies are quoting :cry:
For 160 you could take a course, get the material and do it yourself! Think my mate got his astra's windows tinted for 100 about a year ago.

Managed to get the tinting down to £110 at a place in sheffield,

also got the brakes done. well the front ones. cant be bothered with the rear ones at the moment.

The original color is supposed to be silver. but the previous owner painted them black with "vauxhall" decals.

Black is much classier though perhaps not with stickers, a satin black as per Wilwoods is :yum: Still nicely painted red is better than dirty black.

I like your comment earlier with your brush with the law. Was it the policemans words to describe it as a "powerful Coupe"? I thought the 1.8 was 125bhp-ish?

well im planning on resanding it tomorrow with a smooth grain paper then going over with a finer brush. smoothing a getting out blemishes. but agree satin black would be tastey. but dont understand the vauxhall stickers on black.

that was the officers words not mine. haha. yeah its 1.8l 130bhp and 130lbs torque. i guess its relatively powerful for a bottom range spec Astra Coupe.

Still.. more powerful than my 1.2l 8v Punto. has definitely given me more confidence as a driver.

Satin black / Matt black / bright silver - OEM looks - amazing.

Unless they are upgraded wilwoods for example, no point making them stick out. I've said this to people like Brin. It just doesn't help the look on the car. :D

But then again, your choice :D Can't go wrong with most things you have planned for the car. Keep it up :)

First thoughts on this car were very dismal, although it is growing on me. :rolleyes:

Wilwood OEM's - NOM! just yes. but no money for that.

there are several standard Astra Coupes. many look identical to mine. so i want to make mine unique. Hence the brake paint and the irmsher grill.

the tinting will be done over the next few month. at the moment my weekly income is equal to expenditure. so no spare cash.

exhaust system might be easier to sort than i expected. theres a written off SE2 in a scrappy round the corner (the top spec of the 1.8L) planning on getting the exhaust from this. sounds deeper without been Chavy. and it looks nicer.

then slowly ad a few other things over the coming months :D

im properly pleased with this car. the Punto become a standard A-B car. the Astra makes me smile every time i get in it.

Back