VAIO with a HDD issue

Currently reading:
VAIO with a HDD issue

No problem matey. :)

Dom

altho sometimes even with fresh eyes its kinda hard to see WTF is giving issues...

tried recovering twice each time locked out on the windows XP splash screen where it says '...Please Wait...' ended up with over 30 mins of no HDD activity. im running Killbit at the moment using the one pass zero method waiting for that to finish then ill try ANOTHER Recover

:bang::bang::bang:

i cant believe its THIS difficult to build a legit copy of windows onto a laptop

altho sometimes even with fresh eyes its kinda hard to see WTF is giving issues...

tried recovering twice each time locked out on the windows XP splash screen where it says '...Please Wait...' ended up with over 30 mins of no HDD activity. im running Killbit at the moment using the one pass zero method waiting for that to finish then ill try ANOTHER Recover

:bang::bang::bang:

i cant believe its THIS difficult to build a legit copy of windows onto a laptop

Have you replaced the HDD? Tested the new one?

Dom

HDD was wrong :( my own stupid fault

it has a Toshiba MK3003GAH drive which is a 1.8inch used in a lot of early apple products it has the strangest interface i have ever seen apparently its IDE/PATA/CIF interface... it looks like a female IDE connector with 2 locating pins at either end... i can see that causing me more issues before this saga is over!
can anyone confirm or would you need a photo to identify?

and the memory is DDR-PC2100 which is a 172pin MicroDIMM... my god what a pain in the arse to source! does anyone know of a place any cheaper than £38 for 512Mb to get these from? ideally im looking for 1Gb but the cheapest ive found is £74 :(

hence why i want a gig ;) i think the biggest drive i can get on that interface is 60 Gib as toshiba did an MK6006GAH (MK is the drive designation the #### seems to be capacity designation and the 'GAH'relates to interface as far as i can make out) ive not managed to find a bigger capacity MK####GAH drive with the correct interface they all seem to be 'ribbon' interfaces

Last edited:
Back