Technical uprated suspension

Currently reading:
Technical uprated suspension

thecakefairy

I have been looking for uprated shocks / springs / load levellers for my 2005 multipla, my mechanic friend has found none through his contacts, does anyone know if this is possible or whether there are any to fit it. I am looking for these as We have just purchased a caravan and my current suspension need replacing. Any suggestions please!

Not endorsing the company, but I used to tow a heavy trailer and used a car with spring assistors which kept the ride comfortable but reduced the typical nose high towing attitude.

Using a pair of scales under the jockey wheel to check the nose weight helps (bearing in mind that the jockey wheel is aft of the towing socket - so go at least 10-15% under the quoted figure).
You could go the uprated shock absorber route but you'd need adjustable gas shocks which aren't cheap, the assistors are removable for the times you aren't towing.

Towbex.co.uk

I regularly tow a caravan and haven't experienced any issues with the standard suspension.

As Momoe says, check the caravan nose weight is correct and there should be no 'nose-up' stance with a Multi. (As long as the suspension's in decent nick, of course).(y)

Back