updating to ios 5.0

Currently reading:
updating to ios 5.0

its coming up with invalid torrent :/
and yes i got 10.5 latest one,deleted it and redownloaded it.

just looked in that folder and i seem to have a host and a hosts.umbrella

There's your issue! hosts.umbrella is created by the program tinyumbrella, which is used by jailbreakers to restore to old firmwares that are no longer signed by apple.

This is the same problem I had. Firstly, find tinyumbrella on the computer, if not, re download it. Then follow this guide, it worked for me:

http://www.mostlyblog.com/fix-itune-error-3194-using-tinyumbrella-while-updating-ios-4-3-3-firmware

Ignore the fact that it mentiones 4.3.3 and 10.2, it's the same nowadays, just follow those steps.

ah ok.i think they got there when a mate tried to jailbrake another phone i had to open to all networks.(That was back in 2010) this phone is just over a year old. Havnt got tiny umbrella so ill get doing that first and report back.Btw do i not have to delete that unbrella host?

right cheers,i just had to uncheck 'set hosts to cydia on exit',it did its job,restored and updated itself once restarted.

I reconnected it to itunes to sign it in my name (phones name tc) and soon as i connected it its now its restoring from back up :confused:

Dlightswitch ,would like to say thanks for your help :)

the phone restored and updated itself to the new 5 software :)
I have just currently sync'd all the g/f's 36 apps lol and i have just backed it up to the comp.I notice you can sync the phone now via wifi too :)

The amount of ppl on my fb page and no one replies,mates hey lol
My neighbour is a wizz with electronics (bit of a comp geek) he said he'd look beginning of week,hasnt popped round :mad: lol

Its amazin,1 person on a car forum helped me out (y)

*I just need to get that ringtone sub-folder again now so she can have her rihanna tune back on lol
** also i hope it all works proper and we dont experience problems..like some are doing from what ive read,no messages received,music not playing,wifi not working etc

Cheers
Mike

p.s if we get stuck,ill be intouch lol

right cheers,i just had to uncheck 'set hosts to cydia on exit',it did its job,restored and updated itself once restarted.

I reconnected it to itunes to sign it in my name (phones name tc) and soon as i connected it its now its restoring from back up :confused:

Yep that's what I had to do too, tells iTunes to contact apple servers instead of the fake ones previously created by tinyumbrella.

restoring from back up just means it's putting all the backed up texts, call history etc onto the phone.

iOS 5 has been good to me so far, no problems to report yet. I like the notification centre and I like being able to use the phone whilst it's syncing as well :)

Hope everything goes alright (y)

Havnt got that notification centre? Can see it in settings but not on home screen,along with iMessage :/

For notification centre just put your finger/thumb where the time is at the top of the screen, and pull down :)

and iMessage, they send automatically if you're texting someone who has iOS5 and iMessage turned on. Otherwise you can go to messaging (green icon) and click new, and type in someones email who has iMessage, and it will send to them. Try it with me if you want, [email protected]

Back