Technical Unconnect Expired workaround?

Currently reading:
Technical Unconnect Expired workaround?

xxxSophieLouxxx

Hi Lovely people! Newbie. First post. I bought a Fiat 500x opening edition this week and so far I love it, when I have emailed FIAT to be able to connect to Uconnect services, I was told that this has expired, and I was so shocked, as this was a big plus of the car for me. What is the workaround guys? I have looked at replacing it with an android auto display unit and found ones that facilitate the reversing camera. My question is if I change this screen how would I then access the settings that are currently in that unit, I.e. blind spot assist features/headlight features etc...

How have other users worked around this issue? Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Are not uConnect Services a custom application for the Delphi uConnect head units. Fitting a new make of head will probably not help. Also the new head will require a interconnect device and cabling to maintain/keep the vehicle setting accessible etc. on the new head unit.

What do you mean the uConnect Services have expired? I've never used them on my 500X (2015) but I do have a uConnect account that I've not used for several years.

Are not uConnect Services a custom application for the Delphi uConnect head units. Fitting a new make of head will probably not help. Also the new head will require a interconnect device and cabling to maintain/keep the vehicle setting accessible etc. on the new head unit.

What do you mean the uConnect Services have expired? I've never used them on my 500X (2015) but I do have a uConnect account that I've not used for several years.
Exactly the uconnect app offers very little functions the only things of any use are the eco drive functions that tracks journeys and there fuel consumption

Exactly the uconnect app offers very little functions the only things of any use are the eco drive functions that tracks journeys and there fuel consumption
Is that not what the onboard duel trip computer for? Also the car has it's own dashboard ECO rating/display if you are in Auto for the mood selection. I'm 90% of the time in Sport mode (throttle response even when tootling round town is far more to my liking) so the onboard ECO stuff is not functioning.

That then begs the question does the uConnect Drive app even work/record/monitor when in Sport Mode?

Is that not what the onboard duel trip computer for? Also the car has it's own dashboard ECO rating/display if you are in Auto for the mood selection. I'm 90% of the time in Sport mode (throttle response even when tootling round town is far more to my liking) so the onboard ECO stuff is not functioning.

That then begs the question does the uConnect Drive app even work/record/monitor when in Sport Mode?
The app shows you each journey and the GPS routes you have taken

Back