Technical Unconnect 5" Live

Currently reading:
Technical Unconnect 5" Live

Hi all

Has anyone else suffered from voice recognition problems with their Uconnect unit?

The woman has problems and is unable to "understand you (me)" even though I'm speaking clearly and normally. Never had a problem with the 500L.

It isn't able to make calls and often switches the radio to AM when it doesn't understand my "Call Nick" etc.

I will be taking it in for this pants problem but just wondered if anyone has had similar problems?

Steve

We have same problem, 'she' keeps tuning radio to AM xyz when I say call/dial home! Only picked my new car up on Thursday.

Will be taking back this week to ask them to show me how to make a simple call.

No info in books supplied with car.

I think it's a glitch in the system rather than anything we're doing. Our previous 500L could make calls from voice commands, however my X just doesn't have a clue. It's almost as though she speaks English but only understands Italian or some other language.

Switching the stereo to AM is an extra insult when all I want is for it to make a Bloody call.

I too will be taking it back to let the dealer sort out.

Steve

I have 6.5 and occasionally get these issues. If any background noise at all it throws up the errors. Found if you really punctuate your words then it's 100% reliable.

Its because it doesn't understand proper English, the uconnect was made based on Americanish, so tawlking liiike a reeeed neck will get you instant results :p

Shame on me but I've not yet tried the voice interaction.

Having said this my old Stilo Abarth Telematics had similar issue. If I spoke slowly and clearly with proper diction etc. it would do all sorts of crazy thinks. If I just spoke rapidly with no attention to quality then it got it right most, but no all times.

In a previous past I used to do/be a subjective tester for voice recognition software and I was never really convinced it will ever work as we would hope it would.

A bit of an update. My car was booked in this morning because the voice recognition doesn't work very well. The phone part just wants to change the radio to AM, always to a frequency that hasn't got any reception anyway.

An hour later and some very thorough investigations, the poor voice recognition was pronounced as good as it gets until Fiat issue a software upgrade. The service man suffered all of the same problems as me. It was embarrasing.

We even sat in another new car in the showroom and paired phones to yet another brand new 500X. Exactly the same issues, voice recognition simply isn't up to the job and we ended up with everything except making a call to anyone that we tried to reach.

The annoying thing is that my old Fiat 500 that I bought from new about 5 years ago had blue&me (?) and that worked fine. It seems the new Chrysler system is simply not up to scratch and until enough people moan about the system there will be little chance that the software will be upgraded to anything near acceptable.

My complaint was registered, but other than that, my dealer can't do anything to help.

A bit of an update. My car was booked in this morning because the voice recognition doesn't work very well. The phone part just wants to change the radio to AM, always to a frequency that hasn't got any reception anyway.

An hour later and some very thorough investigations, the poor voice recognition was pronounced as good as it gets until Fiat issue a software upgrade. The service man suffered all of the same problems as me. It was embarrasing.

We even sat in another new car in the showroom and paired phones to yet another brand new 500X. Exactly the same issues, voice recognition simply isn't up to the job and we ended up with everything except making a call to anyone that we tried to reach.

The annoying thing is that my old Fiat 500 that I bought from new about 5 years ago had blue&me (?) and that worked fine. It seems the new Chrysler system is simply not up to scratch and until enough people moan about the system there will be little chance that the software will be upgraded to anything near acceptable.

My complaint was registered, but other than that, my dealer can't do anything to help.

Its because it doesn't understand proper English, the uconnect was made based on Americanish, so tawlking liiike a reeeed neck will get you instant results :p

:D:D:D Quote Of The Week Award* :D:D:D

My Jet Black Punto UConnect thinks I'm Americanian ;)
Lets see how my new 500X does when i get delivery next week.

Back