General uConnect Live Services

Currently reading:
General uConnect Live Services

Pecora

After the Christmas break, went back to work and my live services are not longer working on uConnect (I have a Fiat 500X). The icon on my Android app is also greyed out. I heavily rely on live updated for commuting so this isn't good! I've had the car from new (2018) and have never updated the maps (never really had to and wouldn't know how). I've been using it just fine since 2018 and was not told it was a renewable service or subscription either when I purchased the car. In the app (through CHANGE VEHICLE) it does state that my subscription to Mopar Connect has expired (whatever that is!) and to renew services I need to go to driveconnect.eu. Has anyone else encountered this? The diveconnect site is extremely slow which doesn't help.

Last edited:
After the Christmas break, went back to work and my live services are not longer working on uConnect (I have a Fiat 500X). The icon on my Android app is also greyed out. I heavily rely on live updated for commuting so this isn't good! I've had the car from new (2018) and have never updated the maps (never really had to and wouldn't know how). I've been using it just fine since 2018 and was not told it was a renewable service or subscription either when I purchased the car. In the app (through CHANGE VEHICLE) it does state that my subscription to Mopar Connect has expired (whatever that is!) and to renew services I need to go to driveconnect.eu. Has anyone else encountered this? The diveconnect site is extremely slow which doesn't help.
Yes my Connect live suddenly stopped working as well , I then contacted the Fiat help line and got a very quick reply. Like yours the subscription had run out and needed renewing. After a bit of research I found out that another year would cost about £80.00's and for me I did not think it was worth it. The maps and basic traffic alerts still work it appears to be things like TomTom live and checking tyre pressures via the app on your phone that don't work any more. Renewing the subscription would apparently give updated maps, but once again for me using the older maps is not a real problem. Strangely enough the speed camera alert seems to work ok and appears to update some how. By the way my screen is the 6.5 inch unit that has to be renewed at the dealers and not at home like the 5 inch unit.

Yes my Connect live suddenly stopped working as well , I then contacted the Fiat help line and got a very quick reply. Like yours the subscription had run out and needed renewing. After a bit of research I found out that another year would cost about £80.00's and for me I did not think it was worth it. The maps and basic traffic alerts still work it appears to be things like TomTom live and checking tyre pressures via the app on your phone that don't work any more. Renewing the subscription would apparently give updated maps, but once again for me using the older maps is not a real problem. Strangely enough the speed camera alert seems to work ok and appears to update some how. By the way my screen is the 6.5 inch unit that has to be renewed at the dealers and not at home like the 5 inch unit.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have sent an email to see what they say. I didn't ever have a subscription but if it's worthy buying one just for the TomTom Live Services I will consider. That's the only useful live service I used.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have sent an email to see what they say. I didn't ever have a subscription but if it's worthy buying one just for the TomTom Live Services I will consider. That's the only useful live service I used.
My car was purchased as a pre reg car and it looked like it had a 5 year contract included, like you I did not realise that it had to be renewed after the initial "free" period. I am thinking on longer journeys I may use google maps on my iPhone, just a shame that my radio system only supports audio play back and telephone connection and not the current Apple car play. Let us know what further news you get from Fiat.

On my 500X 2015 I've never had or enabled the uConnect additional Apps or Live Services. I'm not sure what I'm missing?

In Europe (at least) the uConnect Sat Nav uses roadside/other live traffic info. Not sure how it does it as I don't use my mobile phone as a tether etc. and data is turned off so I guess the uConnect system is picking up the various roadside traffic radio/other transmissions.

Can't recall what is does in the UK but I think it does the same.

Also Garmin seems to do the same.

On my 500X 2015 I've never had or enabled the uConnect additional Apps or Live Services. I'm not sure what I'm missing?

In Europe (at least) the uConnect Sat Nav uses roadside/other live traffic info. Not sure how it does it as I don't use my mobile phone as a tether etc. and data is turned off so I guess the uConnect system is picking up the various roadside traffic radio/other transmissions.

Can't recall what is does in the UK but I think it does the same.

Also Garmin seems to do the same.
The only thing I find it useful for is the TomTom live traffic data so I can see any hold ups on my commute, so at the moment without live services all I get is a standard map. Speed camera alerts also still work as they are activated in my car settings. There are also audio features, car health data etc, but I've definitely always needed the app on my phone to see real time traffic info. At the moment I have nothing working on my car app or Android phone to make UConnect of any use to me. I've started using Waze on my phone but phones and holders just get in the way!

Last edited:
My car was purchased as a pre reg car and it looked like it had a 5 year contract included, like you I did not realise that it had to be renewed after the initial "free" period. I am thinking on longer journeys I may use google maps on my iPhone, just a shame that my radio system only supports audio play back and telephone connection and not the current Apple car play. Let us know what further news you get from Fiat.
I just received a call back from Fiat and was informed that UConnect has been discontinued as of 31 December 2022. They offered to get someone to call me back to give me a quote for Mopar Connect, which I understood is another gadget with live service subscription, which I am not interested in as I already have a TomTom unit, and have a mobile phone which does the same thing, so don't really need or want another gadget. I'm off to delete my UConnect app now :-(

I just received a call back from Fiat and was informed that UConnect has been discontinued as of 31 December 2022. They offered to get someone to call me back to give me a quote for Mopar Connect, which I understood is another gadget with live service subscription, which I am not interested in as I already have a TomTom unit, and have a mobile phone which does the same thing, so don't really need or want another gadget. I'm off to delete my UConnect app now :-(
Thanks for the update, as long as the basic nav works still I will be happy.

I've just logged into the uConnect website and uConnect appears to still be very active/functional. Mopar Connect is a different service altogether and for additional services requires a dedicated Telematics module which is available on new Fiat but not those with old uConnect kit.

Also reading the site information it is very confusing as they talk about uConnect & uConnect Live then when you go to Mopar Connect they mix Mopar Connect and uConnect/ uConnect Live info in different places. Typical Fiat gobbledygook confusion. Either that or I'm just too old and not switched on as much as I used to be.

Anyone have any updates on the expired uconnect to mopar connect conundrum? I see they've now updated the uconnect (android) app which now prompts straight away saying it will take you to a mopar connect page and that a new app "will be available soon". The mopar connect page can use your old uconnect login, but just says no vehicles are active. I've emailed the uk support just in case. This is on a Jeep Renegade with 5" NAV LIVE unit (or rather NOT LIVE anymore!), so map updates are user updatable via USB stick with a TomTom download and not by a dealer. The live traffic system was very good as @Pecora says and has saved us from a few late arrivals, so it's a bit of a pisser that it's now stopped and effectively devalues your car overnight. All a bit poor from Stellantis :(

Last edited:
I'd welcome clarification too, the things you could check on your phone were handy, if not essential. My satnav did still divert me away from a major RTA on a long trip this week, though - I'm confused.

My satnav did still divert me away from a major RTA
That sounds promising - Without LIVE services, TomTom (5") units at least should fall back to RDS-TMC (Traffic Message Channel) updates which should allow similar re-routing. Did you see the same grey bar and details on the right hand side when the TMC alert kicked in? TomTom say the LIVE services also carry speed camera updates that you wouldn't get via TMC and imply their traffic data is better and may well be the case, but they would wouldn't they ;)Interestingly the TomTom LIVE service subscription is a mere £23.99/year, so if mopar connect is looking to relay this for £80/year as @2FiatsRon says, then that kind of stinks.

I think it is a bit blinking rich and ripoff that you purchase a £15k+ car with Sat Nat and then have to pay for map updates when you can buy both Garmin and TomTom stand alone devices with lifetime updates. Also as pointed out RDS-TMC can provide some important traffic info without being fleeced.

Thus far my 2015 500X and it's 5" uConnect is not connected to live services and certainly in Europe gets traffic re-routes.

I guess this is all down to manufacturers eeking out every penny they can, where and when they can.

Anyone have any updates on the expired uconnect to mopar connect conundrum? I see they've now updated the uconnect (android) app which now prompts straight away saying it will take you to a mopar connect page and that a new app "will be available soon". The mopar connect page can use your old uconnect login, but just says no vehicles are active. I've emailed the uk support just in case. This is on a Jeep Renegade with 5" NAV LIVE unit (or rather NOT LIVE anymore!), so map updates are user updatable via USB stick with a TomTom download and not by a dealer. The live traffic system was very good as @Pecora says and has saved us from a few late arrivals, so it's a bit of a pisser that it's now stopped and effectively devalues your car overnight. All a bit poor from Stellantis :(
I've just re-installed UConnect (android) and get the same the info. Would be interested in knowing if you get a reply!

Back