General Uconnect app not supported cannot connect car

Currently reading:
General Uconnect app not supported cannot connect car

skirabbit

Hi All

I have a 2015 500x. When I bought it I set up the Uconnect app and connected my phone and all was well. Now 8 years later I wanted to update my maps and the Uconnect app stopped working in Feb - the MOPAR website it redirects to tells me I have no cars connected. On the car any attempt to use Uconnect tells me to open the app - which of course does not work. The software update button is greyed out and I have this info on the screen. Any ideas on how to update and recconect?

1697629294967.jpeg

I think that the original uConnect app, which I've never used, is no longer supported by Fiat.

To update the maps you need to got to the TomTom map update site. Note! Update the first year of vehicle purchase the map update were not loner free and you have to purchase an update. You will need to install TomTom home and create a uConnect device USB on/from your uConnect system.

Hello,

Funnily enough I have the same problem. Just picked up a 2017 500X on Friday and trying to setup as much as I can for my daughter.

Whilst I realised that the ‘online’ bit might be finished I had expected to get a working app between the phone and the car. I’ve registered on the Mopar and Fiat sites and managed to register the car, But I can’t get the data to flow into either the UConnect App or Fiat App.

Though surprisingly as mentioned above, I did manage to go to the TomTom website and get the maps updated.

I formatted a USB stick as FAT on the PC, and used the ‘SatNav’ in the car to reformat it which I think make the USB Stick appear as a Fiat TomTom device. Then I downloaded the TomTom home software … when it asks for the device to be plugged in use the USB stick which appears as FIAT branded device. I did check that I meet the minimum Navigation software version (11.815 xxx or above for the maps) but then without me paying for anything the maps and speed camera info etc was updated to July 2023. I’ve now successfully uploaded the data to the car - took 52 mins.

So I seem to have got a free map update. Although, I’ve no idea how I can check the unit’s software version or download it now?

Good Luck!

Hello,

Funnily enough I have the same problem. Just picked up a 2017 500X on Friday and trying to setup as much as I can for my daughter.

Whilst I realised that the ‘online’ bit might be finished I had expected to get a working app between the phone and the car. I’ve registered on the Mopar and Fiat sites and managed to register the car, But I can’t get the data to flow into either the UConnect App or Fiat App.

Though surprisingly as mentioned above, I did manage to go to the TomTom website and get the maps updated.

I formatted a USB stick as FAT on the PC, and used the ‘SatNav’ in the car to reformat it which I think make the USB Stick appear as a Fiat TomTom device. Then I downloaded the TomTom home software … when it asks for the device to be plugged in use the USB stick which appears as FIAT branded device. I did check that I meet the minimum Navigation software version (11.815 xxx or above for the maps) but then without me paying for anything the maps and speed camera info etc was updated to July 2023. I’ve now successfully uploaded the data to the car - took 52 mins.

So I seem to have got a free map update. Although, I’ve no idea how I can check the unit’s software version or download it now?

Good Luck!
Thanks for the tip on updating maps. Just got an update for my 2016 500X from TomTom. Mine took about the same time too. Now I can find my nearest Aldi ;) I have no idea where to find 'System Information' either but mine has Uconnect 5 rather than 7.
Thanks again.

Back