Technical Service Expired

Currently reading:
Technical Service Expired

This post is for informational purposes only.

My 500X (2015) 1.4 Turbo a while back started to warn of the Scheduled Service Due in n days. (See note below about Diesel 500Xs)

Now due to house moving, low mileage since last service (no oil change or filters etc. due on mileage) I put off servicing the car and resetting the Service Coupon just so the car would nag me to get it done.

Well the days counted down and eventually went to "Service Expired" followed by no more warnings or yellow spanners on the dashboard.

That was a little while ago and all is fine. I will get round to doing the service (basically a thorough check of all items, door and lock lube, safety, etc. and then I'll reset the serive for another year.

Note about petrol and diesel engines:

On the petrol engine there is an oil change rest procedure. This just instructs the MultiAir/UniAir system to relearn basic operational parameters. No to my knowledge this is not essential. Infact Fiat Dealers with WiiTech did NOT have this reset setting (I'm reliably told) on earlier software versions by MES did have this. From this I conclude that on the petrol engine an oil change reset is not essential but desirable.

ON DIESEL ENGINES - BE CAREFUL! When an oil change is due and done and the Oil Change Reset is NOT done then the car will stop regenerating the DPF filter to protect the engine from damage due to the very high temperature stresses as the engine ECU thinks it still has old oil in the sump!

Back