UConnect Update

Currently reading:
UConnect Update

AGrant

Hi All,

First time poster, but have know about the forum for many years having had a Tipo with a coupe 16v turbo engine in, followed by upgrading to a couple 16v turbo before modifying it to 400bhp :D

Now that I have a family and a yellow Fiat 500x for a few months, I'd like to know how to update the uconnect system as if I plug a USB stick in or memory card, reading this is painfully slow, like several minutes to to play a song from it and thought that updating the uconnect system would hopefully resolve that, trouble is, looking at the site of driveuconnect everytime I put the VIN in, the site displays a line of boxes, then disappears and doesn't tell me anything, so have no idea if I'm due a software update or not. I'm not overly fussed about maps as see there is a cost associated with this and generally use the phone for Sat Nav.

The uconnect system is software version 15.21.37, is the 6.5" screen and is a 2016 Fiat 500x.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :worship:

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying.

I've tried a couple of memory sticks and also bought a class 10 memory card (I have a memory card reader on mine, as well as the USB port) and they are all as bad as each other unfortunately :(

The link for the mopar site, is that just for maps, or is that for the Uconnect firmware?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying.

I've tried a couple of memory sticks and also bought a class 10 memory card (I have a memory card reader on mine, as well as the USB port) and they are all as bad as each other unfortunately :(

The link for the mopar site, is that just for maps, or is that for the Uconnect firmware?
Just maps I never found a way to update the firmware yourself it appears to be a main dealer only function other then a few versions on third party site's probably was taken off people's unit's

Just maps I never found a way to update the firmware yourself it appears to be a main dealer only function other then a few versions on third party site's probably was taken off people's unit's

I did find a link on here referring to a French website where they seemed to have the .iso file required, which I'm downloading now, but can't post the link due to not having enough posts on here yet :D

Just to update this, going on the link for the French forum (which was found on here) I downloaded the version 17 iso and followed the instructions (which was found in the version 16 link) and all completed successfully and now can browse the music on the SD card much much quicker, so happy wife, happy life :D

Back